What is this for?

I did, but I recently swap the plastic hard shell dashboard for the high country leather one., and the guy who I bought it gave me every piece of it and I decided to used that cluster trim piece and saw that rubber opening..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, i’ll Try again: I had a 2015 without telescopic steering and it didn’t have that thingy in the dash bezel.

i have a 2014 WITH telescopic steering and it HAS that thingy in the dash bezel. 

Somehow it’s related .

Ok, i’ll Try again: I had a 2015 without telescopic steering and it didn’t have that thingy in the dash bezel.
i have a 2014 WITH telescopic steering and it HAS that thingy in the dash bezel. 
Somehow it’s related .

Interesting...

So the high country that the part came from had telescopic steering wheel, your truck doesn't, hence the opening for it in the high country trim piece.

Is that high country cluster trim piece any different than your original one as far as material, color, or quality goes? If not, put your original one back and just use the leather dash upgrade piece.

It doesn’t bother me that there’s an opening and no it no different than the original except for that opening I just didn’t know if it could a feature that I can take advantage on adding. I’ve seen people adding toggle switch as an alternative to drilling holes on their dash. It was 100% curiosity.

Archived