New Alpine I209 radio retrofit

i209-gm_indash2.jpg

https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-radio-i209-gm/

I didn't like the original one because it only came in the SLT interior color, and no andriod auto... interesting. The price tag is pretty hefty though. Migh have to wait until the end of the year and they are marked down to 1000 lol 

10" Version from last year for reference. 

x110-slv-new_arrival.jpg

Would need to play with it first

one thing that drives me up a wall with aftermarket units like that is slow processor speed and screen lag.

there’s a lot of integration for them to screw up as well

i could never buy that unless I tried it first, I’d ask them if they know of any retailers that have them on display, or even an installer so you can possibly see it installed

Doesn't have heated seat spot, which is a bummer. I prefer the look of the 10" version personally. Agree with [mention=159507]truckguy82[/mention] though. Processing speed is normally a big bummer on these aftermarket units.
It uses your stock one. So if you have heated seats your good. I like this better because it keeps the oem bezel instead of trying to use alpines work around.

Based on the Alpine unit I had before I'd say the interface is the cleanest and it was quite snappy. But gotta try it to judge yourself.

There's also two units. There only seems to be an i209 announced for our trucks but there is an x model for others. The I model is just apply carplay and andriod auto and a handful of other features. The x has built in nav and CD/DVD. Think of the I as revolving around your phone mostly

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

On 2/15/2018 at 8:56 AM, Nasty said:

I prefer the 10" because it has the CD DVD.  I still use cds and I tune with cds

I recommend moving to SD cards.  No more skipping on rough roads, no more scratched disks, one chip can hold dozens of CDs, small size is convenient. I use them in my unmodified 2014 LTZ system.  

6 hours ago, SWOYER said:

It uses your stock one. So if you have heated seats your good. I like this better because it keeps the oem bezel instead of trying to use alpines work around.

Based on the Alpine unit I had before I'd say the interface is the cleanest and it was quite snappy. But gotta try it to judge yourself.

There's also two units. There only seems to be an i209 announced for our trucks but there is an x model for others. The I model is just apply carplay and andriod auto and a handful of other features. The x has built in nav and CD/DVD. Think of the I as revolving around your phone mostly

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I hadn't noticed it was still the GM bezel. I assumed it was like the other alpine system in that it was a total replacement.

Interesting stuff coming out though.

Archived