Replacing the rear bumper

benny12

Has anyone else gotten a payout from an insurance company for being rear ended? I was hit pretty square on the rear bumper and trailer hitch (no receiver installed), no sheet metal was contacted/affected. I don't anticipate any significant internal damage (a Subaru was sandwiched between the at fault SUV and me) and I can't see any when I crawl underneath. I am probably not going to get it fixed as you need to look pretty hard to find the dings, and frankly most of people moving into the greater Denver area are asshats that didn't learn to drive wherever they came from; I fully expect this to happen again. I just trying to confirm through someone else's experience that I am being fairly compensated.

Go to three collision repair facilities for a free estimate.  I then recommend you get it repaired/replaced.  Dings and dents have a way of being contagious.  My vehicles get a good value at trade in time as they are always blemish free.  In the meantime, I drive a vehicle that I'm proud to own and doesn't present like a service truck!

There could be 'bend' damage to the bumper brackets in which case rust could start to develop if the bracket paint/coating was compromised. I'd have it professionally appraised for sure. 

What year is the truck? What condition is it in?

got nailed in the passenger side corner of the Bumper...$2,400 later, looks like new! yes insurance paid. Yes several things underneath and behind were bent.

Why not just get it fixed? With that low of mileage, I would. After all, their insurance is paying for it.

I was rear ended almost a year ago. She put a nice dent in the bumper. The bumper was pushed into the bottom corner of the bed of the truck. They had to correct a small crease in the side of the bed and repaint that side. Her insurance would only pay for an aftermarket bumper. I insisted on OEM. The aftermarket ones tend to rust faster.

Her insurance paid for the entire repair and a rental. It took a week and a half to do it.

cb524622204bce96328308bd232f879d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived