Weird circular marks on headlight lenses

headlight.JPG.2aa5a98cb63e271d924c537faa74fe81.JPGJust got a brand new 2018 silverado 1500, and I notice these weird circular marks on the headlight lenses.  They do not appear to come off, I have used a cloth and water to try to remove them, but they appear to be in the lens???  Or is it due to the projector headlamps?   It is just kind of odd,  and just wondered if anyone else has these marks appearing on their headlight lenses.

I can't speak from the headlights that are HID projectors from the factory but in my old GMC Envoy I put aftermarket HID projectors in and the headlight had a small bit of hazing like that from the intense heat output of the light. Projectors will take the light and focus it on one spot and not spread it out like standard reflector lights will do so they can haze the plastic.

OK thanks for the responses I guess it's a normal thing. Our kia has projection headlights but doesn't have any circular marks on lenses. Makes me wonder if they are permanent., obviously on the inside of the lens. 

16 hours ago, zeke1883 said:

OK thanks for the responses I guess it's a normal thing. Our kia has projection headlights but doesn't have any circular marks on lenses. Makes me wonder if they are permanent., obviously on the inside of the lens. 

It would depend on the distance from the bulb to the lens. If it closer, the lens is more apt to get hotter.

I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't think you'd see this on an LTZ or an SLT with LED lights. I think the LED's don't generate as much heat??