TCC problem driving me CRAZY

Since I bought my truck new I've had the issue with the TCC lockup that the dealership has been "unable to duplicate" after 5 different visits over 50k miles, and I am at the end of the line with this truck.

The truck is currently at the dealer and has been sitting there for almost 2 weeks now and I'm still getting the same story from them, does anyone have any suggestions to get the ball rolling on fixing this problem? I even went as far as to point out the TSB# to them.

I just feel that now I'm quite literally dealing with the powertrain warranty not being honored, it's even been so bad at points that the truck has problems shifting and will not move if going uphill with anything less than 80% throttle and of course no check engine light when I have to almost completely give it 100% to get it to even move - still no check engine light so no resolution.  I had no intention of changing vehicles so soon but i'm at the end of my patients with GM and this truck.

Any input would be appreciated

Well that's a drag... I recently purchased a 2017 Silverado and I had a DND issue with dealership as well. GM is still evaluating my lemon law case. Call GM and get a case number, once I did that it seemed the dealership was more motivated to solve my truck problem. What worked for me probably won't work for your situation but I came close to demanding this option.... the dealership should have in their possession a "flight recorder" to record everything that is happening when you are driving and when the errors surface.... why not ask them to plug it in and let you take the truck home. Seems like a great way to evaluate exactly what is causing the problem... I use my truck for work and the misfire issues would never pop up for them driving it a few miles around town. Happy to say after they replaced injectors in one bank, the problem went away... at least for now... it hasn't even been a month yet. Hopefully I can go back to loving my truck again :D

Archived