'Burban Wins Award From Who?

Gorehamj

2018-Chevrolet Suburban-001.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

2-16-2018

The Chevrolet Suburban has earned a Good Housekeeping Best New Cars of 2018 award. Yes, the big boy took home top honors in its segment.  The group called the Suburban a “Larger than life workhorse” and points out that the Chevy has a “huge amount of storage.”

Good Housekeeping employs two engineers and a product analyst and they, along with a little help from the staff at Car and Driver, made this year’s selections. The expert panelists offered this sage advice for those considering a Suburban: "Always make sure your mirrors are aligned to boost visibility." 

The Bolt EV also made the list. Chevrolet tied for first place with the most segment wins. 

10 hours ago, Gorehamj said:

2018-Chevrolet Suburban-001.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

2-16-2018

The Chevrolet Suburban has earned a Good Housekeeping Best New Cars of 2018 award. Yes, the big boy took home top honors in its segment.  The group called the Suburban a “Larger than life workhorse” and points out that the Chevy has a “huge amount of storage.”

Good Housekeeping employs two engineers and a product analyst and they, along with a little help from the staff at Car and Driver, made this year’s selections. The expert panelists offered this sage advice for those considering a Suburban: "Always make sure your mirrors are aligned to boost visibility." 

The Bolt EV also made the list. Chevrolet tied for first place with the most segment wins. 

It's definitely a nice car.

If I wouldn't need a truck for practical reasons (and that I like trucks), the Suburban would be on top of my list.

so long

j-ten-ner

Funny, and you made the point well.  If this was an award for the amount of covered hauling, the Suburban would be a lock.  Since this is a Good House Keeping award I'll give them a free pass.  When I look at storage I look at trunk space.  The Surburban has less storage space than a Yugo.  You can store in a center divider in the front and another space in the back about double the front.  You definitely don't get one of these trucks for storage, but knowing what my Tahoe can do a another manufacturer would be hard press to beat it with covered hauling. 

Archived