Kooks/Corsa sport Too Loud?

I have a 17 6.2, currently I have corsa sport on it. Just ordered up kooks 1 7/8 and an intake from cai. I wanted to see if there's anyone running longtubes and corsa. Little concerned about cold starts... Right now there pretty loud. I'm not sure how much headers will change that?

I did get the catted y. Any recommendations for a resonator, there's not too many options for 3.5" exhaust, no idea what's good.

I agree, louder the better. But I don't think the neighbours or cops see it the same way...

I did the same setup as you but with catless y pipe. It was super loud and had a annoying rasp to it. I ended up taking the Corsa muffler out and put a Flowmaster pro series in it's place and kept the rest of the Corsa system in place. It quieted it down a little and has a much deeper sound to it. It still has a little rasp but it's much better than before. I think it sounds great now. It's still pretty loud but not as loud as before. 

1 hour ago, drentlaw1 said:

I did the same setup as you but with catless y pipe. It was super loud and had a annoying rasp to it. I ended up taking the Corsa muffler out and put a Flowmaster pro series in it's place and kept the rest of the Corsa system in place. It quieted it down a little and has a much deeper sound to it. It still has a little rasp but it's much better than before. I think it sounds great now. It's still pretty loud but not as loud as before. 

Thanks drentlaw1, appreciate the input. When I bought the exhaust I didn't plan on getting headers. I'm kind of doing this ass backwards. Its too bad you cant straight up buy the GM Corsa muffler... I think that would have been a good setup.

If I remember correctly you have a 6.2 correct? What did you do with the Corsa muffler?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

Thanks drentlaw1, appreciate the input. When I bought the exhaust I didn't plan on getting headers. I'm kind of doing this ass backwards. Its too bad you cant straight up buy the GM Corsa muffler... I think that would have been a good setup.

I did the same thing. Bought the exhaust and loved it, then bought the headers and it was too loud haha. I contacted Corsa directly and asked if they had a touring muffler for the 6.2, and said they only offer the sport. I think since your doing cats it might help out a little but there's only one way to find out.

9 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

If I remember correctly you have a 6.2 correct? What did you do with the Corsa muffler?

Yep I have the 6.2. It's sitting in my garage. My plan was to buy a Yukon or Tahoe with the 6.2 for my wife and put it on that, but we ended up buying a 5.3 Yukon instead.  

Yep I have the 6.2. It's sitting in my garage. My plan was to buy a Yukon or Tahoe with the 6.2 for my wife and put it on that, but we ended up buying a 5.3 Yukon instead.  
Would you part ways with it? I have a 5.3 that I would like add it to.

On 2/20/2018 at 5:19 PM, SirenRed16 said:

Yea I would like to get it out of my garage. Send me a PM 

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, M1ck3y said:

I have Corsa 3" SS muffler sport edition for sale

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, SirenRed16 said:

I have Corsa in box 3"SS sport muffler no drone effect fits only 5.3 bought for my 2017 GMC pm if interested 

Archived