Xenon/LED's and snow

I converted my 2015 Sierra to Morimoto Xenon headlights and LED fogs last summer. This winter, much to my dismay, I've come to discover they don't seem to put out enough heat to melt the snow and ice that accumulates while driving. Coming home last night in a thick, wet heavy snow, I couldn't see crap by the time I got home because my lights were completely covered. Is there a solution to this other than going back to the horrible stock halogens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i second you Sean.  With my truck recently I experienced the same thing, and wondered WTF has happened to my forward lighting until I got out to look and only a small area was cleared/melted.  In my last truck, a '13 Silverado with HID/Xenon, I didn't have any issue nor have I ever with the old halogen bulbs.  I wondered just the same, is there a fix out there?  

I never thought I would ever have to say this about a vehicle but I'm seriously considering trading in my truck for a newer model just because of the lighting. It's bad enough I had to convert to Xenon just to be able to see at night, but living in the northeast I can't have headlights that get covered up. Here's looking to March 1 for the 2019 Sierra reveal!

3 hours ago, Sean Neilan said:

I never thought I would ever have to say this about a vehicle but I'm seriously considering trading in my truck for a newer model just because of the lighting. It's bad enough I had to convert to Xenon just to be able to see at night, but living in the northeast I can't have headlights that get covered up. Here's looking to March 1 for the 2019 Sierra reveal!

Can't see at night, really? Some one is over exaggerating... Millions of trucks on the roads and how many crashed because of insufficient light? People sure are spoiled these days. They don't have street lights in Long Island?

You do realize the new trucks will also be LED, so no difference in melting now there.

Tyler

Can't see at night, really? Some one is over exaggerating... Millions of trucks on the roads and how many crashed because of insufficient light? People sure are spoiled these days. They don't have street lights in Long Island?  

You do realize the new trucks will also be LED, so no difference in melting now there.

Tyler

You ever been in a 2014-2015 Sierra? The stock lights are complete garbage. Bad enough there's a class action lawsuit against GM about them and GM did a recall that still didn't make them much better. And yeah, you can't see crap with them, especially in the rain. And the reason these don't melt any snow is because the projector housing is so far back from the clear headlight cover, so no, it won't have those issues just like the 2016+ with their redone headlights don't have those issues. Read some of the threads on here about the 14-15 Sierra lights. I'm certainly not the only person that thinks like that.

Archived