Suburban commercial

I currently drive a Sierra 1500 with a colour matched canopy.  I call it my poor man's Suburban.  Yesterday I saw a white 2018  Suburban commercial on the lot.  Its option list is empty except for a block heater.  The price is achievable but still more than a new Denali pick-up.  The standard features on this bare-bones Suburban compare to the loaded Suburban I owned in '86!  I love the look and interior size of the new Suburbans. I don't "need" the passenger space but I guess my question is which is preferable - a well equipped pickup or a plain Suburban?

Thanks.  At this stage in my life (retired) a Suburban would be potentially more practical than a pickup.  I really don't need either, but I've always preferred driving a full size truck. Now that fuel economy is reasonable, I will continue driving a "truck".  However, this Suburban lacks a lot of features found in higher trim, lower priced pickups!

Suburbans ,Tahoe’s and Cadillac are easy to buy 1-2 years old in like new condition. With deprecation there’s no way I buy one new. It’s harder with pickups. I bought 5 years ago a 98 two door Tahoe with 130K miles on in like new condition for 5K. A least here in Texas their a dime a dozen in great shape for a very reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is amazing that they are that much more expensive, its obviously the demand is greater for the full-size GM suv's, when I bought my duramax Denali in 2013 its sticker was 66k, and a same year Yukon Denali was 70k, seems like a no brainer to me on which one to purchase!

Archived