Is 6" lift w/ 35x12.5R17 near flush possible?

Hey everyone, 

I'm looking to install the BDS 6" lift(non-coilover version) soon and I need to figure out what wheels and tires to buy. This will be going on my 15 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4wd. YES, I am aware of the suggested wheel/tire combo suggestions they list on the website. 

My ideal set-up would be to run 35's on 17's, but they do not list it and their tech support did not know how much or what trimming would be required.

I DO NOT want the wheels and tires to stick out of the fender anymore than 1 inch. Has anyone done this? If so.....

-what size wheel? 17x9? 17x8.5?

-what offset?

-what backspacing?

-what all did you trim to eliminate rubbing?

1 hour ago, Bushleaguechew said:

I don’t believe 17s will fit with the larger spindle. The lift pushes the front track width out, so your going to stick out no matter what wheel you run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It says on BDS website that 17x8 with 4.5" backspacing will fit with 33" tires. So yes 17's will fit with the spindle, but I am looking to find out about 35's and what it will look like.

It says on BDS website that 17x8 with 4.5" backspacing will fit with 33" tires. So yes 17's will fit with the spindle, but I am looking to find out about 35's and what it will look like.

I have 17s with 4.5” backspacing and it’s a 0mm offset. Sticks out a tad without a spindle lift. So with that kit your looking at quite a bit fast the fenders. ef85101fb22e15418219cc29adac7b23.jpg

If you want a lift that doesn’t increase your front track width look at CST

http://cstsuspension.com/cast-steel-uca/306-4-inch-lift-kit-2014-to-2018-k1500.html

1 minute ago, Bushleaguechew said:

I have 17s with 4.5” backspacing and it’s a 0mm offset. Sticks out a tad without a spindle lift. So with that kit your looking at quite a bit fast the fenders. ef85101fb22e15418219cc29adac7b23.jpg

If you want a lift that doesn’t increase your front track with look at CST
http://cstsuspension.com/cast-steel-uca/306-4-inch-lift-kit-2014-to-2018-k1500.html

What size tires are you running?

3 minutes ago, Bushleaguechew said:

285/70r17 aka 33x11.5

Ok, thanks for all the info!

But I'm fairly set on the BDS 6" lift though because the longer strut/option to go with performance coilover opposed to strut spacers. 

And I want to go with 35's

Ok, thanks for all the info!

But I'm fairly set on the BDS 6" lift though because the longer strut/option to go with performance coilover opposed to strut spacers. 

And I want to go with 35's

CST lift kit keeps factory track width. Idk about the tire size but maybe you could call their tech support and see if they know. 936465dbdea898303146ccb233019bf2.jpg

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift

CST lift kit keeps factory track width. Idk about the tire size but maybe you could call their tech support and see if they know. 936465dbdea898303146ccb233019bf2.jpg

4.5” CST suspension lift

No issues using fox coilovers with spacers?

No issues using fox coilovers with spacers?

No problems at all, I believe they had to get loosened all the way. But I am now going on 5,000 + miles with no problems, as of yet.

4.5” CST suspension lift

I have a Zone 6.5 on my 2014 Sierra. Zone and BDS are made by the same parent company so they are pretty similar lifts. I run 35x12.5r18’s on this kit and there was no rubbing. They do however stick out about 2 inches from the fenders. I just added a fender flare kit which was super quick and easy.

31 minutes ago, 2014sierra-rich said:

I have a Zone 6.5 on my 2014 Sierra. Zone and BDS are made by the same parent company so they are pretty similar lifts. I run 35x12.5r18’s on this kit and there was no rubbing. They do however stick out about 2 inches from the fenders. I just added a fender flare kit which was super quick and easy.

Do you have any pics of the truck with that set up before you put the flares on?

What offset? Backspacing?

Do you have any pics of the truck with that set up before you put the flares on?

What offset? Backspacing?

56c98508b7cde898f29b8222cb3c1878.jpg087920358c66f2bf59c4d105b64c0a4b.jpg42d25a9b267e647ec2c6b85f41453e9d.jpg
Sorry I know those pictures are awful but I put the flares on pretty quickly. And the offset was 0mm, which is a 5 inch backspacing.

Archived