Quietest Tires for 2017 Z71 LTZ Midnight?

LIW

I have stock 18 inch Duratracs with 17,500 miles on them.   Love the look on my Midnight Z71, but I find that I am rarely off road in anything more than some light mud on level road.  I am thinking that a good rain and snow tire that is quieter than the Duratracs might be a good choice, although I hate to completely give up the 'LOOK' of the Duratracs.   Quietest tires you've found in 18 inch?   Or just stick with the Duratracs?

Any run of the mill AT tire will give you the look you want plus be quieter.  Have a look at something like a Cooper AT3, nitto terra grapplers, etc.  I have run both on previous trucks and they give that off road look, decent traction, and tame on the paved roads.  They will have more road noise than the SRA's but not too bad.

I have the duratracs on my 2017 midnight also. The noise doesn't bother me at all and I do like the looks. Plus they've been great through the New England winter. I have 12,500 miles on them, but when the time comes to replace them, I will most likely get duratracs again. 

Michelin has never let me down and Costco tire centers treat me well.  Tire "looks" are very subjective.  Where some will see gnarly, macho tires,  others will see the same tires as noisy, fast wearing  and rough riding.  I never miss a day of driving and experience all types of weather/ road conditions on Canada's west coast.  

16 hours ago, scott.moody.9401 said:

Michelin Defender or LTX

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

ive got 33" Michelin ltx at2's on my 2010 2wd drive. they have 26k on them and look brand new. they're pricey but they are worth it

I know they get poor reviews in social media but the Bridgestone H/T Dueler 684 II that came stock on mine are very quite. I have 55K on this set with zero issues. They will exceed their 60K warranty with ease. I've been impressed with how well they work in the wet especially under braking. I have no opinion on them in snow. I avoid the stuff like the plague. Not only choice but a solid one IMHO.

I've also use Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus and Continental Cross Contact LX20. There's three winners and the hat trick. 

Archived