New owner in Colorado, ready to mod

Phelan_z06

Hey guys! FNG here, my name is Ross and I just picked up this 2016 GMC Sierra rclb last week. I had been looking at Sierras for the last couple months to replace my 1990 Silverado ecsb with 204,000 miles, as I love the look and I didn't want to take the Silverado on my Florida trip in June, which is a 4,000 mile haul. I'm self employed as a Buell and EBR mechanic/parts salesman and I'm delivering a custom bike to a client in Florida as well as taking one of my own bikes down there to ride while I'm there for  two weeks.

Back to the truck, I specifically wanted a single cab, with which higher trim models are hard to find and quite pricey, so I ended up with a work truck model, but it does have the convenience package, so it has power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise, and keyless entry. I got mine with 11k miles, 5.3 V8, 6l80e, and LSD for 18k. I'm loving this thing so far. I always wanted a sport truck, and besides the clean, but basic look of this stock truck, it already performs well above the other trucks I've owned in the past (67 Chevy C-10 rclb, 66 GMC C1000 rclb, 90 Silverado ecsb). With some decent mods, I think I will really like this truck for many years to come. Soon I will be browsing and searching the forum for all kinds of tips, tricks, how-tos and ideas, as I have for many years on my previous projects. But here is a list of things I'd like to look into doing, in no particular order.

22" wheels

2/4 or 3/5 drop, sway bar upgrade

painted bumpers

LT fog lights

custom grill or maybe paint the nice stocker

CAI, exhaust, tuner

supercharger, and/or 6.2 swap, down the road

heated, auto dimming mirrors

LT dash and steering wheel swap

remote start

Alpine 11 head unit and backup camera

Denali sun visors

different bedline, probably spray-on

rear fender well liners (has front but no rear)

lots of misc touches

For those interested, my current other rides are

2017 EBR 1190SX (1 of only 10 in strike yellow), lots of mods

1995 Buell S2, red, loads of mods

2000 Buell M2, silver, lots of mods

2014 Toyota Prius C four, Habanero Orange (wife's car)

sierra.jpg

Archived