2016 Silverado Custom Double Cab - Rattling noise

Good evening,

I have a 2016 Silverado Custom double cab and I was wondering if anyone has this particular issue that I have been dealing with for quite some time. I purchased the truck brand new from my local dealership and as time went by it developed this clattering noise. This particular noise tends to appear when I am either braking while entering an intersection or driving and slow breaking. It sounds like its coming from the middle compartment of the truck and I cant seem to figure out what the deal with it is. I have tried with no success to record the noise in order to take it to the dealership to no avail. I have taken it to the dealership but they tell me that I have to replicate the sound in order for them to be able to determine a diagnostic in order to fix it. I took the tech on a drive but I was unable to duplicate the sounds. It sounds like its a progressive clanking noise of two metal pieces. The sound is not constant but rather it tends to build up in noise and then clutters down. The truck has only 11k miles on it and all have been placed by me. If anyone can please help me with this so that I can take it to the dealership with  something in order for them to handle this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Good evening,

I have a 2016 Silverado Custom double cab and I was wondering if anyone has this particular issue that I have been dealing with for quite some time. I purchased the truck brand new from my local dealership and as time went by it developed this clattering noise. This particular noise tends to appear when I am either braking while entering an intersection or driving and slow breaking. It sounds like its coming from the middle compartment of the truck and I cant seem to figure out what the deal with it is. I have tried with no success to record the noise in order to take it to the dealership to no avail. I have taken it to the dealership but they tell me that I have to replicate the sound in order for them to be able to determine a diagnostic in order to fix it. I took the tech on a drive but I was unable to duplicate the sounds. It sounds like its a progressive clanking noise of two metal pieces. The sound is not constant but rather it tends to build up in noise and then clutters down. The truck has only 11k miles on it and all have been placed by me. If anyone can please help me with this so that I can take it to the dealership with  something in order for them to handle this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Does your truck have the shields, rock guards,under neath?, if it does I'm pretty sure you probably check that as that's an easy one. I heard a few people say that their F-150s have that issue, I am not sure about your truck, worth getting underneath and wrapping on it a little bit to see if it is vibrating or making some noises. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a clunking sound, seems to come from the folding back seats. I tried to see if it was the jack and tools that weren’t secured properly, but that wasn’t it. I’ll follow along to see if anyone has figured it out.

does it sound like its inside the cab ??  move passenger seat forward a bit mine had a rattle when seat was all the way back ..

if outside  check all heat shields .... brake backing plates  etc.....usually a couple taps with a finger will make them  rattle if they are loose 

1 hour ago, cire0309 said:

I have a clunking sound, seems to come from the folding back seats. I tried to see if it was the jack and tools that weren’t secured properly, but that wasn’t it. I’ll follow along to see if anyone has figured it out.

I found that fix you have to slam the rear seats down hard after folding them up. Or you will get a annoying sound from back area. Ive had that noise on every GM truck I drove. It took me a while to figure it out but that fixed it. 

I found that fix you have to slam the rear seats down hard after folding them up. Or you will get a annoying sound from back area. Ive had that noise on every GM truck I drove. It took me a while to figure it out but that fixed it. 

I have a sub under my back bench seat so that doesn’t allow it to go all the way down. I’m going to slide it out and slam like you are talking about and see if that helps. Thanks. I’ll let y’all know if this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived