CB radio

Pretty much every truck I've owned has had a CB. But these trucks with a full console make it tough to mount one nice. I think I like it like this, with the mike hanger just below the seat heater switch [emoji6]306efe5df92052c36596c04e44206943.jpg395ce815dc07e36146bc554122985a46.jpg

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice I have the bench seat. Mine is my first brand new vehicle ever so I'm scared to cut or drill holes. So I made a removable mount out of a couple 2x4s that wedge under the center console and hold my radio(Ham not CB) out front in a handy location. Pics coming in a few!

• Like 1

Pretty much every truck I've owned has had a CB. But these trucks with a full console make it tough to mount one nice. I think I like it like this, with the mike hanger just below the seat heater switch [emoji6]306efe5df92052c36596c04e44206943.jpg395ce815dc07e36146bc554122985a46.jpg

Same here! I've had a hand held scanner clipped to my visor since I bought the truck. Would love a permanent solution but can't seem to find one. I have the console as well.

If hate to sacrifice the storage space but your location might be the only option. At the knees is too cramped. I've thought about a smaller radio in the map holder location??? Idk

The best solution I could think of without sacrificing the limited single cab storage or drilling holes was to hang the radio on the center child seat anchor using one of those 3M Command hooks. My only gripe is it's a bit awkward twisting around if I have to change settings on the radio. Eventually I'll find a better solution lol.

5a995993ab1b0_IMG_20180302_085623600_BURST000_COVER2.thumb.jpg.7e05c9892e163bb600e0ff4fb72002d7.jpg

• Like 2

Same here! I've had a hand held scanner clipped to my visor since I bought the truck. Would love a permanent solution but can't seem to find one. I have the console as well.

If hate to sacrifice the storage space but your location might be the only option. At the knees is too cramped. I've thought about a smaller radio in the map holder location??? Idk
So...... I've resisted this location for quite some time for just that reason. But.... I realized the other day it was really just a garbage can with all the crap that was in there! That storage space is still accessible, the hole is just a little smaller is all.

The eye glasses holder is pretty much useless too.... That's not a bad idea to utilize that space as well.

• Like 1

The best solution I could think of without sacrificing the limited single cab storage or drilling holes was to hang the radio on the center child seat anchor using one of those 3M Command hooks. My only gripe is it's a bit awkward twisting around if I have to change settings on the radio. Eventually I'll find a better solution lol.
5a995993ab1b0_IMG_20180302_085623600_BURST000_COVER2.thumb.jpg.7e05c9892e163bb600e0ff4fb72002d7.jpg
This is a great idea!!

So...... I've resisted this location for quite some time for just that reason. But.... I realized the other day it was really just a garbage can with all the crap that was in there! That storage space is still accessible, the hole is just a little smaller is all.

The eye glasses holder is pretty much useless too.... That's not a bad idea to utilize that space as well.

Any updated pics or did it come out pretty much like the dry run? Thanks!

It's winter like crazy still here, and I don't have a garage, so it's still in beta stage.

I did find this stick on mike holder, so I got that done [emoji14]73c16e9134ae7d15d248d42fc988f4d9.jpg99c127d1dc0279545e8fe1e62bb83b39.jpg

MixerDriver,

How did you get your coax cable into the truck?

1 minute ago, rocnrol said:

MixerDriver,

How did you get your coax cable into the truck?

I've got it running through the doorframe for now. Eventually, I'm going to run it through one of the drains in the floor and seal it up good.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MixerDriver said:

I've got it running through the doorframe for now. Eventually, I'm going to run it through one of the drains in the floor and seal it up good.

Same here.  If you do it before I get mine done take a pic or two of the hole you find. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KD5FPV said:

Same here.  If you do it before I get mine done take a pic or two of the hole you find. 

Sounds good. I've put it off long enough, I might get it done this weekend before I get busy at work (:

• Like 1

The CB I'm using has always been set up with the power cord having a plug on it for a power port. I put that in tonight to try it out. I think I'll drill a hole between the console and the storage bin to keep the cord out of sight. I like this power port because it's a keyed power source. [emoji16]

The plan is to make some filler panels for either side of the CB. I also need to add controllers for my air bags, so those filler panels might be a good spot for them. 0f844ce736d9f9ace88f714ccd4069aa.jpg1a5b14892061ef7297727e4e6a957002.jpg