2016 Sierra All Terrain Transmission

• 3 weeks later...

I could be wrong but I think it depends on which model the all terrain package is put on. I have a 2016 All Terrain SLE and it came with a 6 speed, the SLT models came with the 8 speed. Not sure if that changed for ‘17 or ‘18 though

Edited by Tdotsfinest

35 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

Isn't the 6 speed for the 5.3 and the 8 speed for the 6.2?

Nope. Earlier years had the 8 speed only with 6.2 but that was right when the 8 speed came out. Now, the SLT comes standard with the 8L90 5.3 and 6.2.

Wasn't the 8 speed only available at first with the 6.2 in 2016? I seem to remember that when I would build & Price, the 5.3 came with the 6 speed. The 5.3/8 speed could have been a mid year introduction.

Nope. Earlier years had the 8 speed only with 6.2 but that was right when the 8 speed came out. Now, the SLT comes standard with the 8L90 5.3 and 6.2.
I've never heard of this. I was under the impression the 8 speed is standard with the 6.2 from 2015-2018.
The 5.3 only gets the 8 speed when it's combined with the NHT ( or Max Tow) package. Then the 6.2 gets a 3.42 gear and the 5.3 gets a 3.73.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ve got a ‘17 5.3 SLT without Max Tow that came standard with the 8 speed. It’s got the Premium Plus option too but I don’t think that’s what included the 8L90.

Edited by '17 Sierra

• 2 weeks later...

5.3 and 8 speed only comes with certain SLT configurations. Premium plus package has it for sure. When I did my build online there were plenty of 5.3 SLTs with the 6 speed.

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2018 at 7:19 AM, Ironman24 said:

I have a 2016 All Terrain SLT 5.3 and 6 Speed.

Are you sure you have a 6-speed? I am fairly certain that the all terrain package requires 8-speed trans. I really want all terrain with 6-speed but I don’t think it exists for 2016+newer.