Roll-N-Lock vs Retrax

Looking for a locking bedcover. I’ve narrowed it down to these two. I’m not a fan of cloth, or 3/4 part folders. I lock work stuff, golf clubs, etc in the back. I’d love to here feedback.

I drive a 16 Silverado, CC, 4X4, with a short box.

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a retrax it works good takes up front part of bed bad part get about 4 years out of cover and had to replace cover cracking . Not familiar with other

I've had Retrax covers on my last two GMC's:  A polycarbonate one on a 2002 Denali, and an aluminum one on my current 2015 Denali. 

The one on the 2002 held up pretty well; I had a canister end fail (broken plastic tab) after about 90,000 miles.  Retrax sold me a new one at their cost since the unit was out of warranty.  Wasn't too hard to fix and the new one showed up quickly.

When I picked one for the new pickup, I just liked the aluminum one better.  It has the wider rails that pretty well cover the side rails of the pickup bed, and just looks great in my opinion.  2 years and 12,000 miles with absolutely no problems.  Performance Truck Outfitters in Tulsa sold it and did the install; great folks all the way. 

Archived