Anyone have experience with SCA Performance and or Black Widow parts?

When I bought my 2018 Silverado  I absolutely fell in love with the Black Widow version. I also didn't love the hefty price tag that comes with. All the modifications I intend to do are to the outside. Specifically the 6 inch true lift, 20 inch Black widow rims, 35 inch all terrain tires, and the fender flares. Aside from the tires ( I can get those anywhere), and out of everything I am looking for it looks like you can only buy the rims from their website. It says reach out to them and they will put you in touch with a dealer that carries their stuff. Dealership prices are crazy.

Looking over their website and videos it seems like a very mom and pop type business, which there is nothing wrong with that, but I am surprised they were able to cut deals with major truck brands. I get the impression SCA is not all that big? Anyways, has anyone had any experience with doing the Black Widow like upgrades to their truck? Any cost cutting measures you would do if you had to do it all over again? 

From my understanding you can purchase accessories from SCA, like the wheels, their bumpers, etc. but if you want a truck that is lifted by them and backed by their warranty you would need to purchase from a dealer. That being said you could buy a BDS, Fabtech, McGaughy's or other lift and have it installed by any reputable shop and you should be good. Figure $2,000 for the lift kit and $1,000 for install (it shouldn't cost quite that much, but it is better to budget for more and have money left over when it is cheaper)

I actually just spoke to one of SCA's reps for my area and he will put me in touch with local dealers. Lifetime warranty would be nice but not a must. To be honest I've been able to track down nearly all the parts from the black widow that I like and the most crucial part for me are the rims. it looks like that's one of the few parts I can order directly from them I appreciate all the feedback everyone. 

40 minutes ago, adamj2121 said:

From my understanding you can purchase accessories from SCA, like the wheels, their bumpers, etc. but if you want a truck that is lifted by them and backed by their warranty you would need to purchase from a dealer. That being said you could buy a BDS, Fabtech, McGaughy's or other lift and have it installed by any reputable shop and you should be good. Figure $2,000 for the lift kit and $1,000 for install (it shouldn't cost quite that much, but it is better to budget for more and have money left over when it is cheaper)

Yea I'm hoping I don't have to spend 3k on the lift lol

Well MSRP on both Fabtech and BDS kits is just over $2,000 usually you can get these at a discounted rate through the installer, but there is no guarantee. Most places charge around $500 - $800 to install and do an alignment. So you aren't going to get off much cheaper for a 6" lift. ALC uses EGR fender flares, not sure about SCA, but those will run about $450 unpainted. Tires are another $1000-$1500, depending on brand and such. Wheels are $800-$1600 on average depending on what you want. Not sure what SCA charges for their wheels. So you aren't going to be able to do your modifications for cheap.

EDIT: Just got on SCA's website their 20" wheels are $330 a piece, so about $1,300 for a set. And you can buy the wheels directly from their site: http://www.scaperformance.com/chevrolet-products/sca-performance-20-inch-wheel-gloss-black-with-milled-spoke-accents

Edited by adamj2121

• 4 years later...

I've got a black 2017 Chevy Blackwidow done by SCA. I'm wanting to go for that blacked out look and I'm curious if anyone knows where I can get a good set of smoked out black tail lights for it? Obviously I don't want some cheap ******, but I don't wanna break the bank either. Any recommendations on brands?