New Sierra Revealed

Wheel wells are hideous! Get rid of that filled in front part!
Now that tailgate... Come on that's just goofy if it's marketed towards the working man. If a contractor/ superintendent, etc. pulled up and lowered the top of his tailgate to look at a blueprint or whatever he'd get laughed off the job. Not as gay as Fords "man step" tailgate but close.
Just another potential rattle also.
The front end of the truck is way too flat, too much chrome, more gayish "C" LED running lights.
I like the Chevy better but think the current trucks are much better looking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, DEV1ST8R said:

I'm a fan. It's a very solid looking truck. I've never preferred GMC over Chevrolet until these 2019 models. Could have done without the door-mounted side mirrors, but for some reason it looks more natural than the Silverado's.

That's me too.  Never really liked the GMC, but this one is better than the Chevy this time around.  Seems they might have finally stopped with the red dash lights too, which I'd much prefer something else in color.  Those wheel wells are very nice.  I've always thought the squared off look is much more upscale than a utilitarian rounded look the Chevy now has.  And, the front end of the Chevy just looks odd.  This one looks like it means business.   Love it.  Just wondering now how high priced these jewels will go?  I'm getting more sure I'll never be able to afford the one with all the bells and whistles.  Oh well.

Edited by Nargg
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Nargg said:

Did you guys see the button on the lower center dash.  An "A" with a circle arrow?  That's the auto stop engine feature at stoplights.  It must be easy to turn on and off!  That's great news if that's what that is!!

buttons1.JPG

Yes.  Cadillac has had it for a few years now and they just started adding it to new Buicks.  But you need to disable it each time you restart the truck.

5 hours ago, gmissed said:

The only thing to make me move to a '19 would be adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring, neither of which is seen or discussed to my knowledge. The new tailgate would be very expensive to replace if you ever needed to so that would be a deal breaker for me. Don't like the Sierra at all.

Blind spot monitoring is there.  Look at the photos on the GMC site and you will see one with a Terrain shown in the outside rearview mirror.  There is an icon in the upper corner of the mirror with a star on it -- that is the BSM.

(Scroll down to "Safety Advancements"):

http://www.gmc.com/trucks/2019-sierra-1500-pickup-truck

Edited by sk

2 hours ago, Nargg said:

That's me too.  Never really liked the GMC, but this one is better than the Chevy this time around.  Seems they might have finally stopped with the red dash lights too, which I'd much prefer something else in color.  Those wheel wells are very nice.  I've always thought the squared off look is much more upscale than a utilitarian rounded look the Chevy now has.  And, the front end of the Chevy just looks odd.  This one looks like it means business.   Love it.  Just wondering now how high priced these jewels will go?  I'm getting more sure I'll never be able to afford the one with all the bells and whistles.  Oh well.

Put me in that category as well! I love both the Chevy and the Gmc! Can't wait to see them up close and personal!

• Like 1

New GMC Is ugly AF, and I've always been partial to GMC's. And that dual flip tailgate is a nightmare. I can imagine a lot of dings, dents, when someone lowers the secondary tailgate right into a trailer hitch. Wtf were they thinking!?

I have to agree. If I wouldn't have bought new last year I would be looking to do so before this body style is out.
I totally agree with you guys. I still think my 2016 looks way better. Which is a relief to me cuz I thought I'd be so jealous of these new trucks but I gotta say I love the 2016-18's much better.

• Like 1

Personally I really like the Sierra over the Silverado. Usually always do. The fender wells look great, although they’ll probably reduce tire sizes like in previous years. The circular fenders are a turn off to me IMO. I like the concept of the tailgate but as others said, what about hitches? I have a hitch on my truck 99% of the time. So does that mean I can’t utilize that feature? Who knows. The interior looks great too. Similar to our current Interior but I think the gmc looks a lot more upscale this time due to aluminum knobs etc. Now the long wait until we can see them in person. Love the hud and all the cameras, especially that Cadi rear view mirror! Maybe I can finally tint my windows dark again and not be afraid to smack something. 

Its not not all perfect though. I don’t like the mirror placement nor design. Gross. I get the functionality but it looks like crap tbh. Maybe painting things will fix that. I don’t like the badging arrangement on the rear end either, looks very out of place. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to debadge that “Sierra” badge this go around. I’m 50/50 on the 6.2 badge. I kinda like the Silverado idea better, simple chrome badge on the hood. 

Edited by EChavez

On a 1 thru 10 scale I think the new Sierra is a solid 9. There are a few things I would have liked to see such as a pano sunroof and adaptive cruise control. With that being said I am really pissed of because I really wanted to hate the new truck so I would not be wanting to trade my baby for a 19!

On 3/2/2018 at 12:35 PM, michigan2500hd said:

Now that tailgate... Come on that's just goofy if it's marketed towards the working man. If a contractor/ superintendent, etc. pulled up and lowered the top of his tailgate to look at a blueprint or whatever he'd get laughed off the job. 

Im pretty sure the entire tailgate drops down, not just the small door lol

Imagine you have a cover on and need to carry lumber, 2x4s. You can just pop open the small tailgate, slide them in and you're on your way. I can see it will be usefull.

Heck, you can even set drinks on it at the job site haha :) 

Im pretty sure the entire tailgate drops down, not just the small door lol
Imagine you have a cover on and need to carry lumber, 2x4s. You can just pop open the small tailgate, slide them in and you're on your way. I can see it will be usefull.
Heck, you can even set drinks on it at the job site haha [emoji4] 
I like where your heads at! Now that being said I'm not a fan of the new GM trucks but that's another can of worms lol

On 3/3/2018 at 7:51 PM, Sean3565 said:

On a 1 thru 10 scale I think the new Sierra is a solid 9. There are a few things I would have liked to see such as a pano sunroof and adaptive cruise control. With that being said I am really pissed of because I really wanted to hate the new truck so I would not be wanting to trade my baby for a 19!

It will have adaptive cruise, it has been mentioned many times in the unveiling and reviews and the buttons can be seen as well in the pictures. I just hope it is offered on the mid level models with cloth seats, as that is the single option I wish my truck had and I do not want leather and big rims in the suburban special version just to get it. I use cruise regularly and am annoyed when constantly having to turn it on and off because others can't drive or keep a set speed.

Tyler