i05 and 8 inch conversion

Does ask for a code? If it does i know on my wife’s Honda the passcode is in the glove compartment on a sticker somewhere. Haven’t had the issue hope that’s the case ??‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE:  digital dash solutions is a rip off. i purchased this conversion kit from a fellow member, this is the kit he bought for his truck https://digital-dash-solutions.com/product/2014-2015-silveradosierra-io4-to-io5-factory-upgrade/  on the website it  says it is unlocked and plug and play.  which the fellow member believed and so did i.  upon research it turns out that once you install the unit it vin locks to your vehicle, which they dont tell you. also on the website it states that Lifetime, 1 time custom re-flash to the original purchaser. Do not let the dealer re-program this HMI module. as of now they want 170 bucks to reprogram the i05 even from the original purchaser.  the original purchaser and member here has been really great in helping to try and resolve this problem, but i dont think digital dash solutions should be screwing him out of his free reflash

On 3/2/2018 at 6:32 AM, silveradosid said:

bought this conversion kit for my 2014 silverado it is supposed to vin unlocked. i have installed it and the chevy mylink came on and then went to theft locked ant one have a suggestion on how to fix this

How did you fix the problem? 

Update: played stupid at the  dealer  and said that my battery died and my radio whent into theft lock. And an hour and a half later the rest it and it worked. This was going to I04 to I05 with navigation 

Archived