Painting stock WT wheels

Got me a 2015 2500HD Work truck.

was going to buy some 33” MT tires with 20” wheels. However the truck got brand new 33” AT tires a couple weeks before I purchased it, so considering running those tires for awhile.

so to my question, has anyone painted there 18” work truck wheels and have a picture they can share? I’ve looked all over and can’t find any pics.

if I paint them, was going to paint them black, and leave the center cap alone.

heres a current pic:

Getting window tint, and rolling in a herculiner bed liner today. 7457D8FC-24E2-498A-B2FA-ED21789ACD18.jpeg.588d18c48ca771beb7df165b57c6f18e.jpeg

I didn't know WT trim came in a four door.  Have a feeling that they will do away with the regular cabs at some point down the road.

any way, if I were you I'd buy plasti dip spray paint.  I've got the 17" aluminum wheels and im going to plasti dip them until I find an aftermarket wheel I like.

Your truck looks excellent the way it is and painting the wheels would not serve to enhance the appearance, imo.   If you don't like these wheels, sell them and buy a set of take-offs.  My local dealership has a few 8 lug aluminum wheel sets for sale.  The steel wheels are very popular for winter use and would sell better in original condition.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread AND my wheel is a different style. However it is a painted (powder coated) OEM wheel that could give folks an idea of what it’ll look like.

F0E56839-DBDF-4EA3-9EB0-57398254F660.jpeg

Edited by Neitz