Did GM make the new pickup's box sizes shorter? YES they did!!!

I was just browsing the GMC website on the 2019 sierra. Under the interactive tab it shows different colors, 360 degree view ect. I just discovered they gave some specifications of the new truck.......... (crew cab short box and crew cab standard box). The bed lengths have now gotten a lot smaller.

2019 Silverado/Sierra Crew cab                                                           2018 Silverado/Sierra Crew cab

Short Bed  63.3"(5'3")------------------------------------------------------------------------------------69.3"(5'8")
Standard Bed  69.3"(5'8")------------------------------------------------------------------------------78.87"(6"6")

Does anyone see the problem?

10.png

11.png

These were talked about in another thread.

If they were correct, it would be smaller than a canyon....???

The interview TFL did at the autoshow, the gm guy was talking about it 'only' being about 1" longer, but giving a couple inches more usable space in cab/box, by making the engine compartment smaller. 

Hopefully we'll see 'correct' dimensions soon.

I posted this in the below thread. These specs are incorrect. A Tahoe is 204’” long and a suburban is 224 for comparison. New trucks should be 1 - 2” longer than current gen. They said this at Silverado reveal. Increased cab space by 3” but overall length only 1 - 2” due to moving wheels more forward and aft along with a shorter engine bay. 

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/208803-2019-t1xx-interior-exterior-dimensions-vs-pervious-generations/

Edited by 2009GMC

I watched the TFL video on the new Sierra and they went over the new plastic bed - the GM engineer referred to it a s the 5'3" bed associated with the crew cab models.

I hope this isn't so.  If it is then looks like I will be going to a 2500 as well.  GM is messing up if they went to a shorter bed. 
I agree. Although if you look at the progression of pickup truck evolution they've become less and less utilitarian and more of a yuppie status symbol. Part of the reason I went back to a double cab and 6 -1/2' bed was that the 5'8" was too hard to work with. Finding a used crew cab with the bigger bed and 6.2 wasn't going to happen either.
We don't need more room on the inside... There's enough as it is and I have two kids that ride back there. (At least with my crew cab).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk