Did GM make the new pickup's box sizes shorter? YES they did!!!

If they took anything from the bed length that is sad and giving in to the truck owners who don't need a truck. The back seat did not need anymore room outside of what they could find with packaging. I am 6'5 and could sit behind my driving position without touch the seats, way more than enough room for kids and car seats. Only time will tell, so sad to see how far trucks and its owners have fallen from grace. Instead of comparing capabilities and looking at improved towing features they instead are comparing luxury features to the German's and 1/4 mile times to economy sports coupes while screaming for a Raptor version because it rides comfy on the road...

Tyler

• Like 2

If they took anything from the bed length that is sad and giving in to the truck owners who don't need a truck. The back seat did not need anymore room outside of what they could find with packaging. I am 6'5 and could sit behind my driving position without touch the seats, way more than enough room for kids and car seats. Only time will tell, so sad to see how far trucks and its owners have fallen from grace. Instead of comparing capabilities and looking at improved towing features they instead are comparing luxury features to the German's and 1/4 mile times to economy sports coupes while screaming for a Raptor version because it rides comfy on the road...

Tyler

Tyler I don’t always agree with your views. But you are spot on. Said essentially the same thing a few days ago to my wife as we were at the dealer trying to find our next truck. I even started to look at ......

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

Don't worry -- the beds floors aren't any shorter.  That info is wrong.

Most times during the initial release there is a lot of incorrect info put out.  Those press releases are not proofread by anybody in Engineering or Design.  They are put together by the Communications Department and a lot of times typos or incorrect numbers get published.

Edited by sk

4 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

I thought when the Silverado came out in Detroit, I am pretty sure it was said during the actual unveil, I watched a YouTube interview with a engineer, they did say, the new Silverado's crew cab short box has more cargo volume than the competors crew cab long box(6.6ft).....

Yes but that's just the added width they achieved by cutting the space between the inner and outer bed walls. It's a nice addition but trading that for bed length is stupid. The added volume doesn't mean a thing when you're hauling long stuff. 

1 hour ago, MikeNH said:

Yes but that's just the added width they achieved by cutting the space between the inner and outer bed walls. It's a nice addition but trading that for bed length is stupid. The added volume doesn't mean a thing when you're hauling long stuff. 

Mike, you know there is no way the dimensions on the GM diagram are correct.

They aren't even close.

If they were, it would mean the new sierra is smaller than the canyon.

A couple days ago this new customisable preview of the 2019 Sierra was not available. It would appear that some of the information displayed on the website is correct. If you compare the overall length to that of the current generation Canyon and Colorado the 2019 Silverado and Sierra is 14.8" shorter in the short bed and 19" shorter in the standard. I think its safe to say that GM is not going to make the full size pick up smaller than the mid size. However, who's the dumbass that let this material get posted on the official GMC website?

image.thumb.png.d05cf62469b01b1c3f2aef2c327b243a.png

image.thumb.png.2cf57daea9393f6e8d31a58236e95aa2.png

17 hours ago, crafferty said:

A couple days ago this new customisable preview of the 2019 Sierra was not available. It would appear that some of the information displayed on the website is correct. If you compare the overall length to that of the current generation Canyon and Colorado the 2019 Silverado and Sierra is 14.8" shorter in the short bed and 19" shorter in the standard. I think its safe to say that GM is not going to make the full size pick up smaller than the mid size. However, who's the dumbass that let this material get posted on the official GMC website?

image.thumb.png.d05cf62469b01b1c3f2aef2c327b243a.png

image.thumb.png.2cf57daea9393f6e8d31a58236e95aa2.png

There is a denali version of the midsize truck as well.

I think that's what you have posted. 

For sure they are the same as wheelbase and overall as gm has in the order guide for the midsize.

There is a denali version of the midsize truck as well.  

I think that's what you have posted. 

For sure they are the same as wheelbase and overall as gm has in the order guide for the midsize.

That is incorrect. I used the 2019 Sierra dimensions that are listed on the GMC website.

73d81696d34d13bb49fececdfd717c77.jpg

On 3/6/2018 at 5:23 PM, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler

Are you saying that a 6'-5" man can sit behind the 6'-5" driver of your truck  WTF kid of truck do you drive?  Or how short are your legs in your family?

I'm 6'-5" and there's not enough room behind the driver's seat for my in my 2017 crew cab.  

I am 6'-3" and how I have my seat positioned that comfortable for me in the front, ( I dont sit with my seat all the way back)  I can easily sit in the rear of my crew cab and have plenty of knee room, i dont see how more rear room is really necessary...I think the K2xx crew cab is about perfect size wise, much better than my 2011 is..

2 hours ago, crafferty said:

That is incorrect. I used the 2019 Sierra dimensions that are listed on the GMC website.

73d81696d34d13bb49fececdfd717c77.jpg

And it's clearly wrong.

The TFL video/description/interview with GM engineering at the Detroit auto show introduction made it pretty clear that the truck is NOT going to be smaller.

Edited by redwngr