Did GM make the new pickup's box sizes shorter? YES they did!!!

8 hours ago, Nick The Great said:
Are you saying that a 6'-5" man can sit behind the 6'-5" driver of your truck  WTF kid of truck do you drive?  Or how short are your legs in your family?

I'm 6'-5" and there's not enough room behind the driver's seat for my in my 2017 crew cab.  

I’m only 5’11” and the back of a GM crew cab feels small. Hop in the back of an F150 and you’ve got leg room for days!

6 hours ago, redwngr said:
And it's clearly wrong.

The TFL video/description/interview with GM engineering at the Detroit auto show introduction made it pretty clear that the truck is NOT going to be smaller.

You clearly didn’t read my entire post.
a8494122ac1fea2d93bb462cef4d0911.jpg

6 hours ago, newdude said:
We will never know as the info you say was there isn't on the GMC page anymore?   

It’s the same thing the OP posted to start the thread. It only shows up when you view the 2019 Sierra on a desktop or force desktop on your mobile browser. If it’s not there that’s great hopefully they’ll update with the correct numbers. I ask them about it on an official GMC Facebook post and they deleted my comment.

Edit: I just pulled up the GMC website on my laptop and they have completely removed the image the OP and I posted as well as the customization screen for interior and exterior colors. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by crafferty
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, crafferty said:

It’s the same thing the OP posted to start the thread. It only shows up when you view the 2019 Sierra on a desktop or force desktop on your mobile browser. If it’s not there that’s great hopefully they’ll update with the correct numbers. I ask them about it on an official GMC Facebook post and they deleted my comment.

Edit: I just pulled up the GMC website on my laptop and they have completely removed the image the OP and I posted as well as the customization screen for interior and exterior colors. 

I pulled it up on Chrome and IE the other day when I saw this post.  It wasn't on either browser at the time, hence my post saying it wasn't there. 

Edited by newdude

I pulled it up on Chrome and IE the other day when I saw this post.  It wasn't on either browser at the time, hence my post saying it wasn't there. 

Yup! Looks like GM has completely removed any trace of the dimensions picture and the interior/exterior configuration tool. Last I saw it was when I posted Thursday evening around 5-6pm while I was at work. Hopefully they bring it back soon with the correct numbers. Or they may make us wait until March 26th would be my guess.

Same bed sizes as prior years.  This is a simple mistake. Some of you really think they are smaller the. Tahoe’s ? Obvious misprint 

Lol yup some do it appears. That’s what I was trying to prove with my first comment that the new full size is not smaller than the current mid size. I read an article last night that stated the new trucks will 1.6” longer overall and have an additional 3.9” of wheelbase.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-gmc-sierra-1500-five-things-you-need-to-know/

On 3/10/2018 at 11:42 AM, newdude said:

Proof is in the pudding! Guess GM still has it up on the website if you browse the link below then scroll up and wait for the middle section to load then click specs. 

http://www.gmc.com/trucks/2019-sierra-1500-pickup-truck#signupforgmcupdates

image.thumb.png.0c6de09512c78687edb35a11e8b6c9e8.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crafferty said:

Proof is in the pudding! Guess GM still has it up on the website if you browse the link below then scroll up and wait for the middle section to load then click specs. 

http://www.gmc.com/trucks/2019-sierra-1500-pickup-truck#signupforgmcupdates

image.thumb.png.0c6de09512c78687edb35a11e8b6c9e8.png

Thanks, Crafferty! Glad they updated the site with the correct specs for the bed. Much better now, but the overall length is still messed up!

Edited by ShotgunZ71

34 minutes ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

Thanks, Crafferty! Glad they updated the site with the correct specs for the bed. Much better now, but the overall length is still messed up!

Yeah I laughed at that earlier. How many editors does it take to get a simple dimension corrected?

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly anything less than an 8' bed gets tough to haul sheet goods unless the weather is fair.

I am not going to take my 50k truck to the local landscaping place and have a dude in a skid steer load up a yard of mulch, I am going to use a $1500 trailer...

I can't fit my lawn tractor in the bed of my truck it's too big and plus it's so sketching using ramps in a truck bed...

If I need to do any serious work I'm grabbing a trailer anyways so, the size of the bed changing by a few inches is irrelevant to me... I'm not working out of my truck for a living in the traditional sense though - I am a sales rep and mostly just carry my sorry butt around lol....

Edited by Imcrazy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I have zero use for anything smaller than a 6'6" option. At that, the sixsix still leaves more to be desired (aside from pure aesthetics). Looks like my next one will be a Ford or the upcoming Rebel TSX. 

You do realize GM offers a 6’6” and the next generation is also longer and wider.

• Like 1