The Biggest MultiPro Tailgate Questions Answered

Zane

On 3/6/2018 at 11:17 AM, 2Speed said:

While I myself could probably remember to not open the tailgate with the ball installed, I'm sure my wife or kids would not. 

you can still open and use the tailgate as a regular old fashioned tailgate with a hitch ball.

you just can't drop the inner section for the step.

• Thanks 1

The step on this gate is Much lower than the bumper step. This is NICE!

People need a reason to complain. I highly doubt anyone here who has complained would buy this truck, and would bitch about the cost of the gate, and justify NOT buying it on the cost.

Being able to get a load in the box FURTHER with a Forks equipped tractor is HUGE, and is a practical application of this gate.

Moral of the story.  Know where your ball is, or don't use this Tailgate step feature.

This option is a CARGO / utility related option, Not a Towing related option.

I think this will add a lot to the versatility and actually usage of the truck bed itself.

Edited by Formulabruce
  • Like 2

How many complained about the ability to slam the Ext cab door into the front door by the kids when they got the order wrong getting out of the truck?  

Things tend to go wrong when you are presented with slightly different procedure. Accidental use of this new tailgate will not happen due to forgetting.  You have nothing to forget.  "Muscle memory" things are what will make you accidentally do something, like getting out of the truck and just closing the door without regard for the back door being open.  Something kids that have grown up on 4 doors that always open the same direction.  This tailgate will likely evolve into requiring the inner gate to be closed before full tailgate can be opened. 

• Like 1

Aside from just Dumb designs....Making something "idiot proof" only proves that the buyers or complainers are in fact idiots...

There are logistics to learn with everything. And Triple "O" applies, just like it does to your smart phone.

Order of Operations will never go away...

• Like 1

I can’t wait to see the new tailgate in person once the trucks hit showrooms!  I’m trying to convince my dad to trade in his Chevy Express 2500 for the new Sierra when it comes out

GM needs to figure out both the fully automatic and a manual version and offer them on ALL trucks they sell.  It's as if they really don't want to sell trucks sometimes...

I do wish they'd keep a normal handle on the automatic version too.  That button just looks odd, and doesn't have a good feel on operation to me.  Just like most SUVs that have fully automatic tails, also keep the manual handle.

As far as the complaints about the tailgate upper part hitting something?  Gotta wonder if these people can even drive.  You know the truck can hit anything if it's not operated properly O.o

Edited by Nargg

• 9 months later...

It would be pretty simple to make a fix.  Put a weather proof micro switch inside the receiver so that when a ball mount is slid in the micro switch breaks the the wire that powers the gate. 

I think the people that think it would never happen to them will be the first to forget.  Your entire (so far) life you have been dropping a tailgate the same way. Muscle memory is a bitch.  The reason very few closed the Ext cab doors in the wrong order was there wasn't any muscle memory.  If you did happen to close the front door first, the sound it made was so wrong it woke you up. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 9:07 PM, Tom Morgan said:

Could I purchase this tailgate and put it on my 2011 Silverado LT crew cab?

Same question here.  Has anyone retrofitted one of these into a Denali?  Mine’s an ‘18. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...