LT header?

8 minutes ago, saltgod said:

I have a 17 6.2 and am looking for headers that won't throw codes. I see a lot of people with arh and tsp headers but nothing much about codes. Thanks 

I think they all throw codes 

4 hours ago, saltgod said:

A black bear tune or would diablo work?

Is go to a tuner    I know a few people having trouble with black bear tunes now. And I've never used diablo

14 hours ago, WesternMike said:

Have had a Diablo tune on for last 75,000km.. not a problem. Truck preforms flawless.

Did you use the diablo tune to eliminate the code from the headers

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎10 at 10:29 AM, saltgod said:

Did you use the diablo tune to eliminate the code from the headers

You can get a guy that goes by Diab-Lew, he can unlock the diablo tuners and write you a custom tune through the programmer to delete the header code. You can get a discount on the tune if you buy the programmer through him off his website. He does good work from what I hear and that is who I will go with if I ever decided to blow $2,500 on a set of kooks and a catted y pipe. Wish there were some solid options around $1,500 for these trucks. It's like I can only find cheapo junk like that will burn out in one year, or a stupidly expensive set that makes the mod unreasonable. http://www.diablewtune.com/

I have Speed Engineering Headers with a Custom Diablo Tune.

By removing the cats, it will throw codes, but its fine I you can bare having your CEL on all the time

A tune in this trucks works really good and there are a lot of choices out there, from can tunes to fully custom ones

This is my exhaust Set Up:

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 4:58 PM, saltgod said:

I have a 17 6.2 and am looking for headers that won't throw codes. I see a lot of people with arh and tsp headers but nothing much about codes. Thanks 

Kooks offers a "green cat" option which utilizes EPA certified cats, or so they claim.  The majority of people that are using those cats are able to install without any codes without any tuning.  They are NOT California legal though.

On 3/9/2018 at 4:53 PM, Nasty said:

Is go to a tuner    I know a few people having trouble with black bear tunes now. And I've never used diablo

What problems are you referring to?  I'd like to know so that if there are issues that I need to address or address with my employees, I can.  It looks like we had a bit of back and forth by email back in March of last year about getting a tune, but nothing since then.

20 hours ago, .justin. said:

Kooks offers a "green cat" option which utilizes EPA certified cats, or so they claim.  The majority of people that are using those cats are able to install without any codes without any tuning.  They are NOT California legal though.

Every single person I have talked to that has bought the green cats said it through a code anyway on these trucks. I would just buy the regular catted Y and get the truck tuned by someone that knows what they are doing. But even that I still find the price on Kooks a little high to be paying for pick up headers. I would pay that for a Corvette, but about $3,000CAD after tax for headers and a y pipe in Canada, for 10-15hp? Meh.