Truck stolen!... Update!

brainpause

2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab, White. Stolen in Huntingdon Tennessee. Huntingdon PD is handling the matter. Their number is 731-986-5310.

Distinguishing marks include orange Chevrolet bowtie on the grill, LED lights all the way around, black Wing tool box in the bed, multi colored wire hanging down from the left rear corner that goes to LED strip under the tailgate.

It was loaned to someone to help them move but then that person sold it for drugs. I had no idea the person was like that so don't bash me. I only owned the truck for 3 weeks so I feel bad enough.

I suspect the truck is around Lexington Tennessee most of the time but who knows it could be anywhere. I'm having a harsh discussion with my insurance company because they say it is a civil dispute because I loaned it to that person. So if the insurance company gets their way, I am out a truck and about $10,000 for purchase and repairs and such. Not happy right now

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Brian, sorry for your loss! What a nice truck. Hopefully you will recover it still in good shape or come to an agreement with your insurance company. I will certainly keep an eye out for it up here in Richmond. I guess that just proves the old adage, "no good deed ever goes unpunished".

There are a bunch of really similar trucks in TN I saw at least two this morning. Can you post the VIN?  It is probably not to far from Huntington but I doubt if the local police are putting too much effort into locating a 17 year old truck................ Just the nature of the beast. Be happy to let you know if I can spot it for you though.      

I know there is a lot more to this story but on the surface, I wonder why has your friend not been charged for grand theft? (or has he/she)  Also, I would get legal assistance to help you with your insurance company as their response doesn't sound right.  If your friend totaled or  had any accident with your vehicle  you'd be covered.  Not knowing your friend was such a crook was an accident!

6 hours ago, brainpause said:

It was "loaned" to someone to help them move but then that person "sold" it for drugs.

I'm having a harsh discussion with my insurance company because they say it is a civil dispute because I loaned it to that person.

The truck wasn’t stolen.  I doubt there was any paper sale transaction because of the shady people involved, but if it was you may have to buy the truck back if it’s found.  Don’t believe the insurance co will help because you loaned the truck to a friend, which is allowable and covered in case of an accident or incident.  A sale on the other hand is not the insurance co problem unless it’s written in your policy or is a state directive.

Hey sold it for drugs or sold it for money to buy drugs? Don't get mad at whoever "bought" it, they may not be in on what happened. 

Hope the title is in your name?
To legally buy a truck from an individual, I would think the law would require the title be transferred...otherwise it's theft.

At least that's how things work in most states...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sdeeter19555 said:

To legally buy a truck from an individual, I would think the law would require the title be transferred...otherwise it's theft.

At least that's how things work in most states...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There are a lot of "no title" or "lost title" ads on Craigslist. The person  could have told the buyer "Ill bring it to you in a few days" or "I have to use the money to pay off the bank and I'll send it to you".

Sure, it might raise a red flag to you, or someone with common sense, but most people don't have common sense. 

I think it was Carlin that said "Think of how dumb the average person is......and realize half of all people are dumber than that". Plently of people won't ask questions if the price is right.

Sorry to hear about your truck !  Post it on Face book and the other sites maby it will help !1 A little reward money may help as most people don't care about any thing but money and that's SAD !!

Archived