Leather steering wheel upgrade

I have a WT and absolutely hate the rubber steering wheel.  Thought about covering it with a leather wrap, or even replacing the wheel with one from an up model.  Any recommendations?

The wheel is not hard at all to change out. I have a leather wheel (black) from a 2016 Silverado that I am selling that also has the radio and menu controls on it. Not sure if that functionality is easily added if you don't have it on your current wheel.

I do have the cruise controls on the wheel, but nothing for the radio.  Does anyone know if it is a direct plug in?  My interior is all gray, so would like one that is of similar color.  There are a few on eBay for sale, just not sure about the connectors for airbag and cruise control.  

On 3/11/2018 at 7:42 PM, Revspan said:

I do have the cruise controls on the wheel, but nothing for the radio.  Does anyone know if it is a direct plug in?  My interior is all gray, so would like one that is of similar color.  There are a few on eBay for sale, just not sure about the connectors for airbag and cruise control.  

The airbag connectors come from the clockspring underneath the wheel.  You should be able to remove the airbag from the current wheel and place it into the replacement leather wheel. I'm not sure if the wiring for the radio is already in the column harness or not.

Archived