How much can you haul in the bed?

Just had a pallet of mulch in mine. First truck I've ever owned. Didn't really plan on it, just kinda happened. Weighs between 1400-1800lbs. dd86d83c2304b9ef2806e5219bfc496d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The only thing I've hauled in mine is a new commode I purchased at lowes.Johnny01:

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Don’t worry. You didn’t break anything. But that’s all she wanted. 

May I suggest a bulk supplier of gardening supplies in the future?  Around here I can get 2k lbs of mulch loaded for about $100. That’s the magic of a truck.

Well, that and the ability to get around in winter. Oh, and the inability to park at Kroger without looking like a moron :/

Don’t worry. You didn’t break anything. But that’s all she wanted. 

May I suggest a bulk supplier of gardening supplies in the future?  Around here I can get 2k lbs of mulch loaded for about $100. That’s the magic of a truck.

Well, that and the ability to get around in winter. Oh, and the inability to park at Kroger without looking like a moron :/
Johnny01: I very seldom drive my truck, I have a everyday driver.I'M 66 years old and don't travel very much anymore.

maybe i should travel much when i am young now?haha
Johnny01: when you get my age your getup and go are gone.

11 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

I'd be surprised if that was only 1800lbs

It all depends on how dry it is. Since it still has the shrink wrap and bag over the top, its probly good and dry.

Yeah, if it was wet it would be well over a ton. But dry mulch is pretty light. 

I used to work at a home supply store, outside in the yard. I could throw two of those 2 CuFt bags around like nothing if they were dried out. But if they sat out in the rain, another story. 

Loading up pallets of pellets for the winter this year... 3 trips of 1 ton a piece. Note that I have 1.5" level in front. Plenty of power to move them but you could def tell they were back there when it came time to turn or stop lol

truck pellets.jpg

Thats the issue I have had as well.  I a 275 gallon tote full of sap in the back of my 2008 Sierra 1500.  Im pretty sure it had the 4 plus 1 leaf pack.  It had plenty of power to get going but stopping was interesting.  Especially with a liquid sloshing around.  Probably around 2300 lbs.  The truck was sitting very close to the bump stops.  Probably <1 inch.  

On 3/11/2018 at 7:10 PM, DurtyRado30 said:

Just had a pallet of mulch in mine. First truck I've ever owned. Didn't really plan on it, just kinda happened. Weighs between 1400-1800lbs. dd86d83c2304b9ef2806e5219bfc496d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Why a pallet of bagged mulch and not a bulk yard?

Archived