Husky vs Weathertech Mud Flaps

I am waiting the arrival of my '18 Silverado and I am making a list of items to get when it gets here.  The dealer said they would throw in the all weather GM mats for me, but if I don't like them I see here that Husky is the go to.  I can tell from pictures/video that they look nicer.  What about mud flaps?  I have the WT mud flaps on my '00 Yukon XL and thought the fit and function were great.  The Husky flaps are a few dollars cheaper and also advertise no drill installation.  Anyone have a preference on these, or experience with both? Fit? Quality?  Is WT going downhill or is Husky just better all around?

I've had 2 sets of Huskys for my 14 Sierra. The fit is perfect. I wore a hole where my right heel rests on the mat after about 40000 miles. I did not take advantage of the warranty and just bought another pair. They are guaranteed for life. I have 20k on the new mats. They look great so far.

I have Husky Floor Mats and Front / Rear Mudflaps on my 2016 RCSB..

Great fit on mats and cheaper that WT's...

Some folks have complained that WT's curl-up...

Mud flaps were No Drill / easy install and like the look better than WT's in my opinion...

Cheers----K

1 hour ago, wforrest08 said:

I saw that thread but I was asking about mud flaps here.

Thanks all for the replies. I like the look of both, and my WT mud flaps have held up well over years on my '00.  Did you guys pick Husky based on looks alone?

11 minutes ago, vinemann12 said:

I have Husky Floor Mats and Front / Rear Mudflaps on my 2016 RCSB..

Great fit on mats and cheaper that WT's...

Some folks have complained that WT's curl-up...

Mud flaps were No Drill / easy install and like the look better than WT's in my opinion...

Cheers----K

Got any pictures of the mud flaps on the truck?

I like this style best personally. It looks like the husky and other types with the plastic are molded to look like factory options but I imagine catch mud and snow like no tomorrow. The Duraflaps are crazy expensive though comparatively. 

I have Husky x-acts floor mats and husky mud flaps. I went with the husky flaps over the weathertech mainly due to their look. they have rounded edges and look more factory compared to the WT that looks square and aftermarket. Also, the Husky comes with a paint protective film that keeps them from scratching the paint. Easy 15 min install with no drilling

I am actually leaning towards the Duraflaps now... I like the simple flat look with the stainless weight on the bottom.  However I like this look more for the rear where most if it is exposed.  The front is hidden by the body and step bars anyway.  I might do the weathertech/Husky on the front to save cost and have a more molded look, and the Duraflap in the back.  DuraFlap offers a longer version which would help keep crap off my open trailer and race car as well...  Decisions decisions...

Not sure on the Chevy but I had to drill a hole in each side for the rear husky mud flaps on my GMC. Get yourself a small offset drill (90 degree head) attachment at Lowes or Home depot so that you do not have to remove the rear wheels.  I picked the Husky because the fit and finish look more factory than anything else that I found. I ordered a set of WT's and returned them because I did not like the look. Husky ExactContour floor liners are the CHIT

post-127028-0-02911400-1484356444_thumb.jpg  post-127028-0-32291400-1497315662_thumb.jpgpost-127028-0-25055300-1497315648_thumb.jpg  

I also have the Huskys.  

Fronts take about 3 min per side to install. Rears are a bit more difficult as the tire gets in the way. 

I did did not use the included double stick tape for the top screw, but drilled a small hole. 

Overall, I'm happy. 

Archived