Corsa sport 14866 long term, towing reviews

I have a 2018 crew cab standard bed 6.2 153” wheelbase. 

Looks like the corsa sport 14866 exhaust is the only one available for the 6.2. No touring?

Looking for for more sound but not annoying loud. I do tow occasionally so don’t want it really loud when running 4K up hills. 

Also no v4 drone?

Anyone notice better mpg? Guessing no more performance since corsa would be bragging if it did improve. I just see 400% flow over stock.  

Auto anything has it for $1140 shipped after my special savings lol. That’s still a lot for just more noise. 

I see the inexpensive way of just welding another muffler in but some experience drone?

Reading reviews of Corsa on 6.2's it is 50-50 whether or not it will drone.  From experience my Magnaflow 12909 is a good compromise between throaty sound under acceleration and mellow tone without hardly any V4 chop while cruising.  Towing a 7000 pound enclosed trailer the exhaust tone never became too loud even on longer climbs.  From Krusty's experience Flowmaster 53553 is another muffler to consider. If money is not an issue buy the Borla GM Performance Exhaust.  

I have Corsa Sport and the 6.2 and before I disabled AFM there is horrible drone in V4 mode.  I called Corsa and their answer was I need to disable AFM.  I originally wanted to keep afm on my truck but when I got my tuner and turned it off the drivability is far better.  Any gains are minimal maybe 1mpg and a little better response but I think the HP gain is around 8-10hp same as the GM cat back on the Allterrain X.  I think Borla has a touring muffler for the 6.2. 

Just my .02 cents worth is I don't like any exhaust system that is "rear exit". I do a lot of towing and prefer exit location to be on both sides behind the rear tires. This keeps the exhaust from blowing directly on the trailers, and is more end user friendly when having to hook up and disconnect the trailer when I leave the truck running.

10 minutes ago, muddkatt said:

Just my .02 cents worth is I don't like any exhaust system that is "rear exit". I do a lot of towing and prefer exit location to be on both sides behind the rear tires. This keeps the exhaust from blowing directly on the trailers, and is more end user friendly when having to hook up and disconnect the trailer when I leave the truck running.

I agree! I am looking at corsa because it is side exit. I think bola makes both rear and side. My old 79 is rear exit and my trailer gets carbon blasted when towing. Also, have to shut truck off when hooking up trailer or getting something out of back due to getting exhausted! Will replace with side soon.

This sold me on the Corsa Sport. Great video through all the rpm ranges. Need to find an in cab sound video.

20 minutes ago, Payton34 said:

I have Corsa Sport and the 6.2 and before I disabled AFM there is horrible drone in V4 mode.  I called Corsa and their answer was I need to disable AFM.  I originally wanted to keep afm on my truck but when I got my tuner and turned it off the drivability is far better.  Any gains are minimal maybe 1mpg and a little better response but I think the HP gain is around 8-10hp same as the GM cat back on the Allterrain X.  I think Borla has a touring muffler for the 6.2. 

Thanks for reply. This is what I didn't want to here. Wonder why some report no drone and some do? 

Anyone have part number for GM Borla exhaust for longer 153" wheelbase trucks? Side exit please.

From what I've read on the forum, the GM Borla is different from the stock Borla I can buy anywhere. GM Borla I have to buy from dealer, or GMPartsDirect, any others?

1 hour ago, Lgetz said:

Reading reviews of Corsa on 6.2's it is 50-50 whether or not it will drone.  From experience my Magnaflow 12909 is a good compromise between throaty sound under acceleration and mellow tone without hardly any V4 chop while cruising.  Towing a 7000 pound enclosed trailer the exhaust tone never became too loud even on longer climbs.  From Krusty's experience Flowmaster 53553 is another muffler to consider. If money is not an issue buy the Borla GM Performance Exhaust.  

Everyone cuts the flapper out when just installing a muffler? My flapper is behind the muffler.

1 hour ago, 2009GMC said:

This sold me on the Corsa Sport. Great video through all the rpm ranges. Need to find an in cab sound video.

I watch that video at least once or twice per month, he did a pretty good job with it.

I think fondupot  (spelling?) , a user on here, made some incab videos.  search for his youtube name, its the same thing I think.

Not everyone cuts out the flapper valve when installing another muffler.   The Magnaflow 12909 is so large that it fits very well if properly measured replacing both the OE muffler and flapper valve.  No additional 3.5" tubing is required provided the shop knows what they're doing. 

2 hours ago, Lgetz said:

Not everyone cuts out the flapper valve when installing another muffler.   The Magnaflow 12909 is so large that it fits very well if properly measured replacing both the OE muffler and flapper valve.  No additional 3.5" tubing is required provided the shop knows what they're doing. 

Ok, I may start with magnaflow 12909. I have access to a sawzall and welder so it’s a cheap mod to try. Any v4 drone on yours or at highway cruise 1500 rpm range?

Archived