Difference between navigation upgrade options

Just wondering if anyone here is familiar with the 2 upgrade options that I have to get navigation in my ‘16 Sierra SLE. It has the IO5 radio and was built during a period where apple CarPlay and android auto wasn’t available (credit indicated on window sticker confirming this).

One of the options is the GM accessories gps upgrade cable to convert to an IO6 radio which is about $1300 installed, the other option through the dealer is having York Electronics come in to upgrade the whole unit to an IO6 for about $1800 installed. Neither of these options would give me apple CarPlay, which is a bit frustrating, but the Nav is mostly what I’m after anyway. 

Does anyone know if one option is better than the other?  I’d like to save a few hundred bucks but wouldn’t mind paying if I could gain more or better functionality by going the York Electronics route and spending the extra money up front. 

• 1 month later...

Honestly, i'd go the 1k route, here:
https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/2016-2017-gmc-sierra-1500-2500-3500-intellilink-io6-gps-navigation-radio-upgrade

And they even have a youtube video on how to DIY, which takes about 10 minutes, this is the route i'm going on my 2016 with the I06, since mine also has an I05 in it.

Here is the youtube video @Tdotsfinest

Archived