It’s 2018 and still no Panoramic SunRoof on top trims

RAM and Ford both offer the panoramic sun/moon roof on their top trim trucks, why hasn’t GM gone through and done it already? 

Agreed! Watch the TFLTrucks video about the Silverado debut. The bald guy from TFLTrucks asks the GM employee why they didn’t do a panoramic sunroof and he kind of gets pissed for a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

How many would actually buy this? It's not for me personally. I'd expect it would only be offered in higher trim levels such as the Denali & only a small percentage of them would be purchased with a panoramic sunroof...... Maybe it's not worth it, as the numbers would be too low???

• Thanks 1

Once again....You want to look cool?  Have the Flash?  Buy the Ford,Ram!  You want a truck that lasts, does not leak from Panoramic roof and is probably safer?  Buy the Chevy....at the end of the day the GM trucks work harder/last longer....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

Once again....You want to look cool?  Have the Flash?  Buy the Ford,Ram!  You want a truck that lasts, does not leak from Panoramic roof and is probably safer?  Buy the Chevy....at the end of the day the GM trucks work harder/last longer....

Trying to kick aside the whole GM/Ford/Dodge fight...  there's a reason that the other big companies are doing it.  I would say that they would get purchased.  

I believe this is an option that is not high on the list for most people.  I know quite a few people that hate them in their Ford pickups but for them to get certain trim levels/options, the pickups were very hard to find without this option.  I personally don't even like sunroofs and view them as a waste of $1,000.  The Panoramic roofs are even more expensive.  I don't like them due to the fact that they can break, they're not as structurally sound, they leak and can cause rattles and air leaks/whistles with age.  ALL sunroofs leak which is why they have drains.  I also live in a very dusty environment and that fine dust that works it's ways into the tight areas can plug the drains overtime as it builds up.  Also, I have worked on too many vehicles to count that the floor board has been filled with water due to a drain line becoming disconnected from the sunroof frame.  When you have to gut the interior of the vehicle to pull the carpet out in order to dry it out completely, there are other things I would rather do. 

Edited by BlkSS
  • Like 1

I had them on a few Cadillacs. I never opened them. Ever. I did open the shade for some extra light on gloomy days. I can't stand them and would never order one purposely. If it comes on the Denali and I have my heart set on it, I'll probably go for it. I've got a '16 Sting Ray with the removable top. That's never been unlatched either.

I think it would be a good option for a Denali level truck as it is an enjoyable option and to be competitive with the other top 2. I have a pano on my mercedes and it already has been completely replaced only (1 year old at the time) once since it fell off the track somehow.. really enjoyable to have though. On a truck I personally have no desire for a glass roof.