Deciding between intakes

I’m sure there’s been a ton of discussion on this topic so I’ll try to narrow it down. I’m looking to get either the cold air inductions intake or the S&B intake. I have a 2017 Sierra 1500 all terrain X. Appreciate any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-127028-0-11057600-1499300202_thumb.jpg

I had the high chrome Cold Air Inductions intake on my 2016 6.2 I liked the look and the sound.  I am contemplating installing it on my 17 I just have not gotten around to it yet. Lost one of the high chrome fasteners for the air flow sensor when I took it off the 16. I contacted Cold Air Inductions and they sent me a set for free so I would rate their customer service as good. Dang thing is pricey though. Shoot now that I have thought about it I might just pop that puppy on there first thing in the morning no need for it to just be setting on the shelf in my garage!  VROOOMMM  

Edited by Dnt
added pic of intake
  • Like 1

post-127028-0-11057600-1499300202_thumb.jpg
I had the high chrome Cold Air Inductions intake on my 2016 6.2 I liked the look and the sound.  I am contemplating installing it on my 17 I just have not gotten around to it yet. Lost one of the high chrome fasteners for the air flow sensor when I took it off the 16. I contacted Cold Air Inductions and they sent me a set for free so I would rate their customer service as good. Dang thing is pricey though. Shoot now that I have thought about it I might just pop that puppy on there first thing in the morning no need for it to just be setting on the shelf in my garage!  VROOOMMM  

I’ve done my research and can’t find anything wrong with the cold air inductions intake minus the price tag. The S&B boasts an improved filter with better air flow plus a true cold air box. I’m leaning more towards the S&B mainly bc they seem similar but a huge price difference. I’ve also seen a lot of members have them installed and love them.

20 hours ago, NYSierra4 said:

Is it a $400 growl or a $250 growl? Haha

Lol i dont know just looked up a video of the sb and the cai sounds louder but they do have good customer service like the other guy said but I don't have the chrome one, 

I have the Airaid intake TUBE only.  Factory air box.  Running a WIX K47 "High capacity Z71" air filter.  When I had the air box out I also noticed on the part that goes through the fender, what looked to be stamp outs for more or bigger holes.  So I used a 1" Paddle bit, twice and dremeled it clean to match the punch lines.  Turns out I was on our forum a few days later and it's the 6.2L air boxes that have those knockouts cutout.  So basically I have a 6.2L air box, K47 GM code "high capaicity" WIX filter and the Airrad MIT pipe.  LOVE IT.  I refuse to run foam filters.  For filtration and MAF cleanliness, Paper filters are king.  Yes you can hear my intake clear as day when on it. 

• Like 1

I have the Airaid intake TUBE only.  Factory air box.  Running a WIX K47 "High capacity Z71" air filter.  When I had the air box out I also noticed on the part that goes through the fender, what looked to be stamp outs for more or bigger holes.  So I used a 1" Paddle bit, twice and dremeled it clean to match the punch lines.  Turns out I was on our forum a few days later and it's the 6.2L air boxes that have those knockouts cutout.  So basically I have a 6.2L air box, K47 GM code "high capaicity" WIX filter and the Airrad MIT pipe.  LOVE IT.  I refuse to run foam filters.  For filtration and MAF cleanliness, Paper filters are king.  Yes you can hear my intake clear as day when on it. 

I actually saw a video on that not too long ago. Was curious if that actually worked or not. Good to know! Thx

1 hour ago, MHPrior80 said:

Not sure what your price range is but the GM Performance cold Air Intake is awesome!  Goes really well with my Borla exhaust. 

Same set up I have and pleased with it

This may be a stupid question, but how much “colder” is the air with a CAI? I have the torque app and when I look at the intake temp it is almost always with in 1-2 degrees of the ambient air temp. So with that being said, do they really flow that much better than stock to make up for their price tags?

• Like 1