Color match front end

ya know, I've heard that for the summit white trucks and the black ones, that its pretty easy to have the front ends vynil wrapped. 

Have you considered that? I dont know, but I can't imagine too many people are swapping TO chrome. 

I'm looking into this now for my truck, but I'm going to order the parts from the factory and have a body shop paint them. The most expensive parts are the headlights. Otherwise its not TOO expensive. 

It would be in your best interest to get the bumpers either vinyl wrapped or powder coated. Will save a lot of head ache for ya.  Who knows how long it would be before you did find someone who wants to swap. Seems that color matching is the newest trend right now on these trucks. Just trying to save you some time. 

I have a chrome grille/bumper and would like to trade for a white bumper/grille and headlights if possible. 2016 Silverado Located in Texas 0c5fae3843fa5719283522eaeb1aca6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same truck you do, but in blue.

I bought a set of painted LTZ headlights, took the bezels off and had them painted blue. Same with a painted grill, took the 3 slats off and had them painted. Sold my stock headlights and stock grille. Got the headlights from eBay and salvage yards, grill from eBay.

Bought bumpershellz for the front, was given some for the back. Having them painted and I will be fully color matched.

I spent maybe $100 after selling my stock headlights/grille, getting LTZ, and getting paint matched, as I watched for deals most the time.

Spent $250 on the front bumpershellz. And another $200 to get the front and back bumpershellz painted. So I’d budget around $1000 if you’re looking to color match your truck realistically and not wait on deals to come through. Took me 4 months.

Hope this helps. Pm me if you need some help, I’m also in Texas.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, chrisss214 said:

I have a chrome grille/bumper and would like to trade for a white bumper/grille and headlights if possible. 2016 Silverado Located in Texas

I agree with the vinyl wrap suggestion.  It can be removed if chrome ever becomes your preferred look!.  People have been going for monochrome pickups for many years. I owned a '90 GMC in '91 that the previous owner had color matched the front end.    Prior to this look being popular, an absence of chrome was usually a characteristic of lower trim level vehicles.  Chrome is now simply a colour/style usually identifying various trim levels or option packages.  I like a little bling and I personally think your truck looks great now.  You definitely do not need to rush and pay a lot for this change.  Take your time like ChevyRoofer and watch for deals.  Maybe an offer of a swap will come but chances are pretty slim it will be from a member of this forum :-)

6 hours ago, ChevyRoofer said:

I have the same truck you do, but in blue.

I bought a set of painted LTZ headlights, took the bezels off and had them painted blue. Same with a painted grill, took the 3 slats off and had them painted. Sold my stock headlights and stock grille. Got the headlights from eBay and salvage yards, grill from eBay.

Bought bumpershellz for the front, was given some for the back. Having them painted and I will be fully color matched.

I spent maybe $100 after selling my stock headlights/grille, getting LTZ, and getting paint matched, as I watched for deals most the time.

Spent $250 on the front bumpershellz. And another $200 to get the front and back bumpershellz painted. So I’d budget around $1000 if you’re looking to color match your truck realistically and not wait on deals to come through. Took me 4 months.

Hope this helps. Pm me if you need some help, I’m also in Texas.

Any pics of the bumper shellz??  I’m curious how these look besides what’s in the website

• Like 1

I agree with the vinyl wrap suggestion.  It can be removed if chrome ever becomes your preferred look!.  People have been going for monochrome pickups for many years. I owned a '90 GMC in '91 that the previous owner had color matched the front end.    Prior to this look being popular, an absence of chrome was usually a characteristic of lower trim level vehicles.  Chrome is now simply a colour/style usually identifying various trim levels or option packages.  I like a little bling and I personally think your truck looks great now.  You definitely do not need to rush and pay a lot for this change.  Take your time like ChevyRoofer and watch for deals.  Maybe an offer of a swap will come but chances are pretty slim it will be from a member of this forum :-)

I’ve thought about just vinyl wrapping it also but afraid of it chipping too soon.

If the vynil chips, its probably a lot easier to replace than the paint would be to fix. In fact a lot of people with like bmws and stuff vynil wrap their entire cars to add a "cool look" and protect them. I think its cool, but I think an entire truck would cost more than a 335i to wrap. 

If the vynil chips, its probably a lot easier to replace than the paint would be to fix. In fact a lot of people with like bmws and stuff vynil wrap their entire cars to add a "cool look" and protect them. I think its cool, but I think an entire truck would cost more than a 335i to wrap. 
4-5k whole truck usually

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, chrisss214 said:

Thanks everyone, think I’m gonna go with vinyl wrapping entire front end and back bumper , then adding a protection film over it.

Good decision!  Be sure to submit before and after pics!