2019 Sierra ProGrade Trailering System Video

Gm has said if you have a trailer hitch receiver in the step will hit it.  The trucks will come with a warning label stating the step will hit it if you have a trailer hitch in.  From my understanding there is no safety switch in place to keep this from happening only you.

Gm has said if you have a trailer hitch receiver in the step will hit it.  The trucks will come with a warning label stating the step will hit it if you have a trailer hitch in.  From my understanding there is no safety switch in place to keep this from happening only you.

Yup 100% correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, strickland604 said:

There are actually two safety switches in place. One to the left of your nose and one to the right.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, j-ten-ner said:

There are actually two safety switches in place. One to the left of your nose and one to the right.

so long

j-ten-ner

But people will have to use them in order for them to work. Lol

I see a lot of dented tail gates in the future. Very easy to leave your hitch in and forget.

Hitch condoms coming this fall! Protect your hitch, protect your tailgate, play safe with hitch condoms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not until mid-model year though right?  Early order 2019s won't have the pro-grade tailgate on them nor will the carbon-fiber bed be available. Does anybody have one yet that can confirm

9 hours ago, TxSilver said:

Not trailer related but I noticed the push botton to start/stop the truck. Will we be loosing the capability to remote start from the key fob?

why would you? Lots of vehicles have push button and remote start.

All of this modern technology and engineering...….. and no sensor to prevent damage. No doubt this is common sense but we are human and do forget.

Much like jamming a paint stick behind the throttle bracket to improve response, and adding foam weather stripping to interior dash panels to reduce rattling on the K2s.

Here is an easy solution to prevent the MultiPro Tailgate from being dented by the forgotten receiver hitch installed...     :smash:

Just Leave the Tailgate Closed All of the Time!  :thumbs:  

Or you could just duck tape a pillow to the hitch and call it the MultiPro Tailgate Condom as suggested above.

This gem can be added right under the paint stick and foam weather stripping options in the accessories catalog! :lol:

6 hours ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

why would you? Lots of vehicles have push button and remote start.

Most of the vehicles I know with push button can only be remote started with an app. Good to hear that we can still do it from the keyfob.