Installing a leveling kit by yourself

So I have a 2.5" front and 3" rear kit from Motofab I'm wanting to install but all the quotes I've gotten are $500 and one $425 with alignment which all seems high for a simple install. I say I could do it myself, being a 23 year old, and I'm a farmer so I know my way with a wrench but being I have such a new truck scares me a bit on working on something like this. Also since my schedule is usually so busy I can't really find time dropping off my truck for a full day and the only day I have free is some Saturdays and Sundays. So I thought I'd try to get a tally of how many of you have done it yourself

So I have a 2.5" front and 3" rear kit from Motofab I'm wanting to install but all the quotes I've gotten are $500 and one $425 with alignment which all seems high for a simple install. I say I could do it myself, being a 23 year old, and I'm a farmer so I know my way with a wrench but being I have such a new truck scares me a bit on working on something like this. Also since my schedule is usually so busy I can't really find time dropping off my truck for a full day and the only day I have free is some Saturdays and Sundays. So I thought I'd try to get a tally of how many of you have done it yourself

Front is very easy took me less than an hour. Much easier on a new truck without seized fasteners. Rear is a little more involved using a jack and stands but also under 2 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do it yourself ! Easy job just watch a few YouTube videos make it easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Gingerly said:

You will need to take your truck for an alignment so factor this in your decision.  Personally,  I'd have the work done professionally.  They have the tools, hoist, expertise and you can blame them if something goes wrong!  $400 -$500 sounds reasonable for front level, rear lift and wheel alignment.  

Do you like how the truck handles? if it floats and bounces or feels like you are boating. Seriously consider having new front struts installed. They are taking the front suspension apart anyway so now is the time. Bilstein 4600 or 5100 is a good choice and the 5100 can be used to lift truck or added with your spacers. Rancho also makes a quick lift. 

Rear shocks are easy to install yourself. Looking at your quick lift you will need longer rear shocks. 

http://www.motofablifts.com/category-s/1841.htm

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty easy to do, I did the RC 2" in the front none in the rear. leveled my 2015 GMC sierra crew worst part was disconnecting the power steering motor and not breaking the clips. Like someone else mentioned look at a couple you tube videos and you should be good. 100 buck alignment job and your set!

I did the Rough Country front level on mine myself, it wasn't bad except I might have had a cuss fit a time or two trying to NOT follow their instructions and leave a couple things attached while doing it.  Just follow their instructions, and it'll be fine.  If you farm, you deal with way worse way more than guys like me, and it'll work out.

Now, when I did the lift version, that I paid someone to do for me, 'cause I ain' no farmer....:)

I did the 1.5" level on the front of mine - no big deal, really.  Normal hand tools, took me about 2 hours (which includes the time for the adult beverage during cleanup)!

• Like 1

Did a rough country level with a buddy in my drive way. theres a youtube video that explain how to do it with fully unbolting everything. first side took longer cause i was referencing video and making sure i did it all right. other side took 20 min. the rear is def more involved. u can easily tweek ur rear end if not properly supported. my other advice is to skip the level and go right to lift cause thats were ull end up eventully. im there my self. leveling is a gateway drug lol