Why/what/will you upgrade to the 2019?

Warranty will be up on my High Country in late 2019 to 2020. So I'll switch to a new one then. And as much as I like the 2019 High Country, I really miss a regular cab long box, and as long as they come in a Z71 trim, I'll likely get one of those.

Two things help me here.

My wife gets the next new one and I’m super leery of first model years.  

Then theres the debt thing OP mentions...
I'm in just the opposite situation...just bought the Wife a 2017 Equinox last spring, my truck is the next one due and that would be 2020 or 2021 if I really want to keep in that long. I usually do eight year jumps...

I'm going to buy a beater to daily drive later this spring, something like a older Ranger, Colorado, or a Cherokee just to run miles on...if I can keep the miles off this one, I would keep it longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m buying a T1XX because I sold my 2014 K2XX to payoff student loans when I graduated college two years ago. A couple years later and now I’m ready to buy another truck! Hopefully they’ll bring the diesel to the Tahoe in 2019 and we’ll get the wife a new ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless something changes with the US exchange rates and GM price hikes the 2019 are going to jump up over 60K in Canada. That's just average trucks not SLT of upper trims they will jump up to 70K plus.. 

It's getting crazy here Mid size SUV's are hitting 50K Cars are 40K..

I may have the 2016 for years now ugh,,,

It seems that with each platform GM rolls out there are more and more bugs to work out. This time around with the 2014-18 trucks it seems GM just gave up on solutions and repairs. They usually say it's just the way it was designed to operate. Or some bull along those lines. They need to go back to a 10 year redesign so they actually have now " Opportunity" to come up with real repairs.
I don't trust this new one due to past history and it's getting worse. I will admit the trucks are getting nicer.. However as for reliability I'm not convinced.
Besides with this new Skipfire crap and start stop junk I'll hold off to see if there's a time to get rid of it. Thing is I think GM is cracking down on tuning. Morons. Just build it right to begin with.. We don't need all the bull.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, michigan2500hd said:

It seems that with each platform GM rolls out there are more and more bugs to work out. This time around with the 2014-18 trucks it seems GM just gave up on solutions and repairs. They usually say it's just the way it was designed to operate. Or some bull along those lines. They need to go back to a 10 year redesign so they actually have now " Opportunity" to come up with real repairs.
I don't trust this new one due to past history and it's getting worse. I will admit the trucks are getting nicer.. However as for reliability I'm not convinced.
Besides with this new Skipfire crap and start stop junk I'll hold off to see if there's a time to get rid of it. Thing is I think GM is cracking down on tuning. Morons. Just build it right to begin with.. We don't need all the bull.

That is how it is for every manufacturer, new models have some teething problems because people want more and more crap on there (power tailgate really? HUD, 20 speakers, massaging 50 way power seats, 5 sunroofs, ect) so they have stuff to design around and some un-forseen circumstances can arise, especially when cars are getting close to driving themselves and strict emissions and mpg goals are needing to be met.

Vehicles are much more reliable these days compared to before by far. Back in the day you would be hard pressed to take a vehicle to let alone past 100k and be willing to drive it around the country, today that is nothing. Thing is it is the little crap that is causing minor issues (very rarely driveability issues) but things like a screen reacting slow or a faint rattle because the trucks (and cars) are so quiet, nothing that questions reliability.

BTW, just because a vehicle doesn't drive the way you want it doesn't mean it is designed wrong. If you don't like it then change it, but don't expect them to cover it. I am glad they are cracking down as less and less costs from idiots trying to cover their stupid unrealistic desires won't be covered and passed on to me since vehicles are getting so expensive these days (because everyone wants more crap on them like noted above).

Funny you call the skipfire and startstop junk, it enables these things to keep being sold, not to mention you haven't even used either yet...

Tyler

• Like 3

No I haven't used Skipfire you're right. I have used start/ stop plenty in various vehicles and don't like it. I'm complaining more about lack of support from the the manufacturers. It's fine if they want to make some of this stuff.. Just stand behind it. Heck they've been telling us the consumer what we want to buy instead of asking the right people what we actually want. Problem is most people are sheep and you can convince them of almost anything due to a lack of independent thinking. That a whole different topic though. 

By the way I would call the 8 speed shifting issues, vibrations, oil- burning, CSK ( or lifter issues my 2011 had) drivability issues. If something interferes with the normal operation of a vehicle on the road, ie: speed related vibrations them it's a drivability issue. 

I totally agree with you about vehicle today definitely have improved in many areas. Thing is that they could be regularly going 3-400,000 or so if the manufacturers put the research and design money towards reliability and not the Apple play bull or connect my phone crap or please massage my butt because I've been sitting on it all day items. 

• Like 1

Don't even get me started on autonomous driving cars. I've been saying for years" why don't people just learn how to drive?"
It's just plain lazy!! Heck look at the news they're already killing people. What happens when they glitch or get hacked?
Same with electric cars..oh wait we could do what Ford does and play a v8 sound over the speakers lol.

36 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

That is how it is for every manufacturer, new models have some teething problems because people want more and more crap on there (power tailgate really? HUD, 20 speakers, massaging 50 way power seats, 5 sunroofs, ect) so they have stuff to design around and some un-forseen circumstances can arise, especially when cars are getting close to driving themselves and strict emissions and mpg goals are needing to be met.

Vehicles are much more reliable these days compared to before by far. Back in the day you would be hard pressed to take a vehicle to let alone past 100k and be willing to drive it around the country, today that is nothing. Thing is it is the little crap that is causing minor issues (very rarely driveability issues) but things like a screen reacting slow or a faint rattle because the trucks (and cars) are so quiet, nothing that questions reliability.

BTW, just because a vehicle doesn't drive the way you want it doesn't mean it is designed wrong. If you don't like it then change it, but don't expect them to cover it. I am glad they are cracking down as less and less costs from idiots trying to cover their stupid unrealistic desires won't be covered and passed on to me since vehicles are getting so expensive these days (because everyone wants more crap on them like noted above).

Funny you call the skipfire and startstop junk, it enables these things to keep being sold, not to mention you haven't even used either yet...

Tyler

Well said, Tyler.  Truck (and cars) have improved significantly over the years.  If people want to keep buying their beloved V8's then they should embrace technology.  I've owned V8 pickups from the previous 5 decades and the steady improvement in efficiency and reliability is outstanding. The new "Skipfire crap and start stop junk"  is brilliant and the only way I'd consider a future V8.  In this day and age having all cylinders firing at all times is  nothing to brag about.  Having them available when needed is the new boast worthy attribute for us truck lovers!  Welcome change. This is a good thing!  

I'll skip the whole T1XX thing. I expect my K2RC will outlast the entire product cycle. If it doesn't Old Iron is up next.  

When did complicated put on the mask of refinement? When did rubber and plastic become luxurious? These guys spend years and fortunes saving ounces of weight with complicated constructions and yet can't figure out springs and shocks or get a door seal to seal or a transmission to....... Why continue to add features, such as stop/start, skip fire, when you can't manage the tech already in force? What is going on here, really? How bout this:

GM/Ford/Dodge/Toyota/Nissan have become like Microsoft. Release INTENTIONALLY flawed product then bury you in patchwork fixes until the system overloads and dies then sell you another with more space to add more broke crap until that chokes and dies...each gets worse and more expensive and useless. I'll pass....

I'll pass until enough people say enough to effect a real change or I die. I'm not picky. If I find I have need between these two I'll buy a horse. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Thanks 2