Traction control and burn outs

Ok, so I am a irresponsible childish hooligan with no self control and could not resist trying a burn out after my exhaust mod. I found out it does, and drifts a bit to the left before planting and charging ahead. That is with the T/C on. So today I hit the off button and try again. Nice little burn out, longer than the first, but this time dead on straight. I don't get it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Road  crown?  We're both burn outs done in exactly the same place?  I can't wait until my tires are ready to be replaced so I can send them off in a cloud of smoke!  My inner hooligan is not so reclusive.

I actually did two on opposite sides of the same road with T/C, one going south and one on the way back north. Then later, in a different area, different road, did one with T/C off. I hear you about old tires. These are new and I need to stop being a kid. Darn near 50 for Pete's sake.

I am 50.  So what?  The day I "grow up" enough that burn outs aren't fun, just shoot me.  I still think the straight launch vs the left drift was due to the angle of the road surface.

Does your truck have the G80 locker?  That can determine how the truck drifts when burning those tires.  If it does have the G80 then watch out, that little burn out could grenade the rear end and you will be buying more than tires!

Might sound odd , but what gear do you do a burn out in with the 8spd, I've seen people launch in drive, it lights the tires up right off the bat but then it changes gears and sounds terrible.  Trans wants to keep shifting. I was thinking probably put it in 2nd or something. 

3 minutes ago, Robopie said:

I turn traction control and vehicle stability off when doing burnouts. It's fun :D

I pay for my Michelin tires!!!!

1 hour ago, Crobinson16 said:

I know what the traction control is but where is the vehicle stability selection?

Same button, hold down longer.

edit: since you have a 2011, I have no idea.  Probably the same method as the K2XX platform.

10 hours ago, tnchevy said:

Does your truck have the G80 locker?  That can determine how the truck drifts when burning those tires.  If it does have the G80 then watch out, that little burn out could grenade the rear end and you will be buying more than tires!

Yep, known as the Gov Bomb. The Eaton G80 is a LOW SPEED traction device. Let’s hope the G80 has gotten stronger over the years. Although if not used for repeated burnouts they will last along time. 

Archived