Trans fluid change in 2015 2500hd 6.0

Trucks at about 40k miles, and I'm looking at doing a trans fluid change. I have fluid from amsoil already, but cant seem to find the filter for sale anywhere. checked GM parts direct and everything! Called my local dealer and he said he could sell it to me, but he wont give me the part number. Anyone have any info on a part number for the filter? Or do I really have to go through this guy? and just to double check, if I'm just draining from the pan, I only put 6 qts back in, correct?

Big stirrup with GM and the dealers right now, that's why no dealers are giving out #s for nothing.  Big issue right now.  To sum it up, GM is undercutting its own franchises for "ACDelco" branded parts, which covers anything ACDelco, including a lot of OEM ACDelco parts.  Dealers are tired of playing "Google" for online shoppers.  Most are even not honoring warranties on parts bought from Amazon, gmpartsdirect, etc.    

Pan drop is approximately 6.0 quarts.  Gasket is reusable. 

Did you try searching the word "filter" under your year/make/model?   https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=filter 

Came up for me. 

58 minutes ago, ryanhardy said:

Trucks at about 40k miles, and I'm looking at doing a trans fluid change. I have fluid from amsoil already, but cant seem to find the filter for sale anywhere. checked GM parts direct and everything! Called my local dealer and he said he could sell it to me, but he wont give me the part number. Anyone have any info on a part number for the filter? Or do I really have to go through this guy? and just to double check, if I'm just draining from the pan, I only put 6 qts back in, correct?

6 quarts with filter?

Answer should be in your owners manual if you have one.

Try RockAuto.

:)

47 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

6 quarts with filter?

Answer should be in your owners manual if you have one.

Try RockAuto.

:)

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,2015,silverado+2500,6.0l+v8,3307622,transmission-automatic,filter,8600

Thats the link for the filters offered.  I would probably go use the ACDelco.  Dont go with the cheapest.  

On 3/19/2018 at 4:35 PM, newdude said:

Big stirrup with GM and the dealers right now, that's why no dealers are giving out #s for nothing.  Big issue right now.  To sum it up, GM is undercutting its own franchises for "ACDelco" branded parts, which covers anything ACDelco, including a lot of OEM ACDelco parts.  Dealers are tired of playing "Google" for online shoppers.  Most are even not honoring warranties on parts bought from Amazon, gmpartsdirect, etc.    

Pan drop is approximately 6.0 quarts.  Gasket is reusable. 

Did you try searching the word "filter" under your year/make/model?   https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=filter 

Came up for me. 

I did, went to transmission and it showed nothing. All it would show me was the oil filter. Must be something weird with my computer. Ended up finding it on Rockauto which I completely forgot about if we're being honest haha probably gonna go with WIX. From what I hear they usually make pretty good stuff. Thanks for all the help you guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived