Blacked out Emblems, Fogs, and Chrome Bumper Skid Plate

Blacked out my whole front end this weekend. Have a separate post for my headlights. Used platidip on my bowtie, Z71 emblem, and chrome bumper valance/skid plate/mustache. Used VHT nightshade on my fog lights.

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

• Like 5

Why did you let your girlfriend/wife/sister post the pictures? She added a little heart to the pics, no way a guy did that...

Not bad, I am not one for the blacked out cali look but I like how you took the time and did the headlights right, rather than just thrown some night shades over them.

Tyler

• Like 1

First off - looks awesome! Well-done.

Second - how hard was it to remove the mustache? I was looking to paint mine this summer but was going to try to do it while it was still attached...

Second - how hard was it to remove the mustache? I was looking to paint mine this summer but was going to try to do it while it was still attached...

I second that question. Also, did you happen to snap a picture with the chrome skid plate removed? I’m interested to see what it would look like if I just took it off.

7 hours ago, DEV1ST8R said:

2 hours ago, Annhl8rX said:

I second that question. Also, did you happen to snap a picture with the chrome skid plate removed? I’m interested to see what it would look like if I just took it off.

3rd

14 hours ago, DEV1ST8R said:

Removing the mustache was simple. Just climb under your bumper and you'll see like 20 plastic tabs. Easy to get to. The bottom 2 corners have a metal retainer clip, but other than that just plastic clips. Pretty straightforward.

• Like 1

WENT ONLINE TO BLACKOUT MY BOW TIES, THE DEALER JOBS ARE BIG BUCKS. Even online they were 65.00 each,

then I found some overlays for 6.99 a set, and they worked great ! you need to take your time, and go around the edges with a razor knife . Also be sure the plastic ones are super clean, I used window cleaner , then alcohol. 

6 minutes ago, Robertof said:

WENT ONLINE TO BLACKOUT MY BOW TIES, THE DEALER JOBS ARE BIG BUCKS. Even online they were 65.00 each,

then I found some overlays for 6.99 a set, and they worked great ! you need to take your time, and go around the edges with a razor knife . Also be sure the plastic ones are super clean, I used window cleaner , then alcohol. 

The center of mine was already black so I just hit the chrome outline with Plastidip. It's held up to several car washes and a snow storm thus far.

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, allblack16 said:

Removing the mustache was simple. Just climb under your bumper and you'll see like 20 plastic tabs. Easy to get to. The bottom 2 corners have a metal retainer clip, but other than that just plastic clips. Pretty straightforward.

My license plate mount is riveted in place over the mustache. Did you have to cut out rivets on yours? I'm hoping some wire cutters or small bolt cutters will do the job...then I'll probably get some small bolts/nuts to mount it back up.

58 minutes ago, DEV1ST8R said:

My license plate mount is riveted in place over the mustache. Did you have to cut out rivets on yours? I'm hoping some wire cutters or small bolt cutters will do the job...then I'll probably get some small bolts/nuts to mount it back up.

Mine was screwed in, no rivets. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 2:29 PM, allblack16 said:

Blacked out my whole front end this weekend. Have a separate post for my headlights. Used platidip on my bowtie, Z71 emblem, and chrome bumper valance/skid plate/mustache. Used VHT nightshade on my fog lights.

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Change the brightness of your lights any?

19 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Change the brightness of your lights any?

Made my fogs essentially useless, which I was prepared for. I didn't want to remove my bumper to get to the fogs so I could take them apart to paint the chrome housing, so I just smoked the entire exterior lense. My headlights are exactly the same since I didn't touch them. Only smoked the clear lense over the driving lights, the amber lense over the turn signals, and the amber corner markers... the exterior cover for the entire light assembly is still clear.

• Like 1