Thinking of selling my Z71......

So I have a 2017 crew cab LTZ Z71 in tungsten metallic.  Other than a few minor headaches, I love this truck. I added a 2.5 level/lift, aftermarket wheels and tires, AMP power steps, a tonneau cover, diablo tune and Airaid intake. It only has about 23k miles and is in mint condition. It is fully loaded with the 6.2.  At the time of purchase my wife had a 2014 Caddy ATS and I a 2011 Camaro SS. With a 3 year old and a newborn, we needed space and this truck was perfect, as I wanted something  that could tow a pair of jet skis and just loved the look of the Silverado.

Cut to present day, the Camaro was sold for a yamaha jet boat( better than skis with the kids) and I inherited my fathers 1981 corvette that he purchased when I was just 1 year old. ( he bought himself a new stingray for retirement) and I am wrenching on the 81 in my spare timem but it is slow as molasses. We outgrew the ATS and my wife is in a new 2018 Tahoe which she loves and so do I.  

I feel like we do not need two full size GM vehicles. We have all the room in the world for our two boys, 5 and 2 and the Tahoe can tow our 19' boat.  I am severely missing the power of my LS3 Camaro.    I am seriously considering selling the Silverado and replacing it with a 16/17 Chevrolet SS sedan ( if I can find one, they are rare birds, but the motor trend review by Jonny Lieberman on the 17 SS has me really wanting one now)   It will give me the power and driving excitement I am missing and still room for the boys in the backseat. 

The main concern here, is if I can pick up a used low mile 16 or 17 SS for about $38k, that means I need to get the same if not more for my truck.

KBB is telling me private sale it is worth 42k, 39k on trade.   I am wondering if that is realistic.  I want to be able to make this swap at no cost to me and would actually like to make some money on the deal to put toward some rims and a few go fast goodies.

What are people seeing in the market? I have a bad feeling that KBB is about 3k high on each estimate.

New Tahoe is the RST package :)

29063153_10101801062238976_2515682446796

29103847_10101801062318816_5139127861717

I sell my moms Hondas everytime she buys a new one. Always ask and get private party value.  Always one owner lower mileage cars/suvs. I’ve sold some of my own stuff over the years for “top dollar” as well sometimes not. I’m a firm believer if your willing to sit on it long enough you’ll get what your asking if it’s worth it. The problem with that is how much is it costing you to get it ie. payments, insurance, upkeep, your time, etc. Some friends of the family sold their sons 2017 F-150 couple months ago they were making his monthly payments and insurance on it as the son had lost his job and couldn’t. They had some good offers but didn’t want to lose money on it (son owed to much on it). Took them 5 months and coming down on price twice to sell it. They sold it for what they wanted but spent 2500 bucks in payments to do it which put them at what they had a offer for 5 months earlier anyway.

Your truck has has a lot of pros going for it. Year old model, 6.2L, LTZ. Mods don’t necessary help if anything they limit the amount of potential buyers as everyone has different tastes and a good percentage of buyers want all stock especially something that still has warranty on it. So really your looking for the the right buyer the guy who wants what your truck already has not just a guy looking for a truck. The hard part is how you find them. Might even get lucky and find that guy with a SS looking to get into a Silverado to pull his new boat. Be worth checking the SS forums out?

They is is a fair amount of lower mile SSs out there you just might have to be willing to travel some. A couple around here had 2 listed on CL awhile ago a his and hers set his had all the Holden stuff on it as well as some mods hers was almost bone stock. I’m usually not a fan of car lots or dealers but sometimes for some cars you can get a decent deal this might be one of those cars. Seems like even though they know what they have their willing to deal because they know it’s a limited amount of buyers for that vehicle so their more interested in getting off the lot than getting max money out of it. I passed on a 90 454ss at my local Chevy dealer years ago that was a deal and missed out on a low mileage 96 Grand Sport from another dealer couple years ago that ended up at a specialty lot in another state asking 6g more than they paid.

thanks for the reply. I own the truck, so waiting for the right sale is not a problem.  One question I do need to get answered is, if I did a straight trade for an SS or came out on top, how would the sales tax pan out?  Trying to avoid the 7% florida sales tax, as I am really looking to make a no cost switch. With a car this new and rare, guessing there won't be too many for private sale, but you are right, I may luck out and find the ideal person looking for a truck!

Thats the only plus when trading in. You only pay the difference in sales tax. Example: They give you 40k for your truck and the new tahoe costs 60k, you pay tax on 20k.

Selling private party in most states no tax. But then you pay full tax amount on your new vehicle. Yes tax sucks, parts of my state are 9%. Doesn't matter if you buy out of state. When you register they get you for the tax % of where you are registering. 

I went the other way and got rid of a black 15 SS 6 speed for my GMC 6.2. The SS is a cool ride and a lot of fun but does have its quirks. The 6 speed are unicorns at this point and the auto still solid. I would consider the charger SRT if I was in your shoes only because of the parts availability.

Back in 2016 my SS needed a new dash due to a defect. The dealership torn it apart assuming that the part quick to source. Took them over 30 days to get car back to me. In that time they fortunately had a loaner (Silverado) for me to drive and the rest is history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Tahoe!  Love the garage floor too! I think you will be able to get close to what KBB says as long as you sell it to a private buyer.  I don't know about the trade in, stealership will try to beat you up on it.  Like @wforrest08 said mods probably won't help with sale, but you could take that stuff off and sell separately, especially if you trade it in. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Archived