I hope everyone reads this before buying one of these trucks

Well my rant continues. I have been reporting a vibration coming at low RPM ranges for the past 2 years of owning my 2014 Silverado high country 6.2L. I suspected it was the trans right away and was told "we cant replicate the noise" or "everything is within spec" by multiple dealers. Well at 104000 miles and less then 3 years old all hell broke loose on the tranny. I bring it into the dealership and they tear it down saying my torque converter and 3 of the gear packs are shot. I call GM for "assistance". a week later I get a call saying they will contribute 750 dollars towards a 3300 dollar job.. what a joke. Ive reported the issue since day one and everyone told me it was fine. Now, 4000 miles out of warranty i get stuck with a huge bill. This is all on top of the AC condenser that just went out as well (900 dollar repair according to the dealership) that GM will do NOTHING for. SO DISAPPOINTED with GM that it has changed my mind about buying the 2019. I hope you all have better luck then me. 

Well my rant continues. I have been reporting a vibration coming at low RPM ranges for the past 2 years of owning my 2014 Silverado high country 6.2L. I suspected it was the trans right away and was told "we cant replicate the noise" or "everything is within spec" by multiple dealers. Well at 104000 miles and less then 3 years old all hell broke loose on the tranny. I bring it into the dealership and they tear it down saying my torque converter and 3 of the gear packs are shot. I call GM for "assistance". a week later I get a call saying they will contribute 750 dollars towards a 3300 dollar job.. what a joke. Ive reported the issue since day one and everyone told me it was fine. Now, 4000 miles out of warranty i get stuck with a huge bill. This is all on top of the AC condenser that just went out as well (900 dollar repair according to the dealership) that GM will do NOTHING for. SO DISAPPOINTED with GM that it has changed my mind about buying the 2019. I hope you all have better luck then me. 
I feel your pain .
I'm $42k in my 16 Sierra and I have vibration and tranny clunk.
Been to the dealer 6 x.
Same excuse.

I'm going back to dodge Ram....

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

The 8speed is a issue. The other issue unfortunately is the dealer. I always say with things like this open a GM claim before you go to dealer then once you get a excuse for dealer call back GM and get a authorization for work.
Fact the 104000 mile is a lot but will would have been covered. The rep can approve it. But due to you authorizing the dealer to work on it the dealer is paid and GM doesn't want to then cut check. Sad it works that way but it does. Dealer gave me many excuses so had them write it down and called the service rep. In 5 minute talk all covered extra parts mailed out and a large check next day mailed to me. Called dealer and they where a different tone all together no issues all done..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, MY164X4 said:

I feel your pain .
I'm $42k in my 16 Sierra and I have vibration and tranny clunk.
Been to the dealer 6 x.
Same excuse.

I'm going back to dodge Ram....

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

same issue with the clunk in my 16... IMG_0482.thumb.jpg.199003592ceb03b0416a8389cb22804f.jpgIMG_0481.thumb.jpg.24ca93a598f5ea27cc6e81852c62a452.jpg

this fixed the clunk... 

Johnny01: Thanks for the information!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Power of Social Media: Go to the GM facebook/IG/Twitter and whatever else they have and write your issue, be polite but show your disappointment with the brand.

I guarantee someone will call you soon after.

I did this with my BMW X5, They extended the warranty on a known issue after i was out of warranty but the extension was still no go for me since i was well out of the mileage range to qualify.

After many attempts at dealers i took to social media. Next day i get a call to take the car in, get a loaner, some back and forth diagnostics.. and after 2 weeks the issue is covered fully by BMW. not the dealer.

It would have cost me like 4k to fix. Part alone was special order 3k from Germany. 

Give it a try.

My uncle has a 6.2 with 25k miles on it (he doesn't drive a lot) and about 2 months ago it started stuttering/shaking/driving poorly. 

he took it in under warranty and they found the same problem you did. 

I'd say this is a technical issue on GM's side with the 6.2/8 speed combo. (his is a 15 sierra)

2 hours ago, Crstfr said:

same issue with the clunk in my 16... IMG_0482.thumb.jpg.199003592ceb03b0416a8389cb22804f.jpgIMG_0481.thumb.jpg.24ca93a598f5ea27cc6e81852c62a452.jpg

this fixed the clunk... 

so did they do both the fluid change and the reprogram at the same visit to fix the problem?

1 hour ago, cjmiller said:

so did they do both the fluid change and the reprogram at the same visit to fix the problem?

correct... truck drives much better... 

3 hours ago, kennydor said:

mine is the 6 speed. After it is fixed I will be hitting all of the social media accounts. Since it is a "good will " gesture to add the 750 dollars according to GM, it can be pulled back. I just want it fixed at this point. 

Honestly I would take the check then go to GOOD aftermarket shop. reman trans and different or new stall. Same performance shop can flash tune and check any software. $3000 is stupid. Low mileage engine and trans go for that. 

See threads on Driveshaft cheap fix, trans, stall, and programming. I understand it isn't what you like to hear and GM "should" fix it but at the end of the day some time you need to handle thing. Just my 2cents

Dealer said I knew more about it then them. LOL 

10 hours ago, kennydor said:

I call GM for "assistance". a week later I get a call saying they will contribute 750 dollars towards a 3300 dollar job.. what a joke. 

GM Direct sells a remanufactured six for $2500. Nope not an 8 but the principle applies. GM is offering to give back the overcharge? How sweet of them. Tell ya what, I'm with 1SLOW11500. Aftermarket. Black Bear in another similar thread has a cure for this that calls for an earlier TCM that has been reprogramed. I hear people all the time swear by a BB tune and can't say I've ever heard anyone swear at them.  

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

GM Direct sells a remanufactured six for $2500. Nope not an 8 but the principle applies. GM is offering to give back the overcharge? How sweet of them. Tell ya what, I'm with 1SLOW11500. Aftermarket. Black Bear in another similar thread has a cure for this that calls for an earlier TCM that has been reprogramed. I hear people all the time swear by a BB tune and can't say I've ever heard anyone swear at them.  

right. its 2500 not installed. 1800 bucks for the install they claim...they wont give me a check for 750, just take 750 off of the rebuild. My truck had a blackbear tune that they did in person. LOVED how it ran. just crappy that this is all happening. 

Archived