Gear selector +/- selector

10 hours ago, Tom Meeks said:

Hi!  New to the forum.  Does anyone know for sure if the +/- switch on the gear selector has a back light?

Welcome to this forum!  You have posted an interesting question which has sparked my curiosity as to why you ask.  The different needs and wants we have with respect to vehicles I find interesting.  Does the competition light up their column shifters?   I've been looking at a plain Suburban at my dealership.  It has no carpet or console but has rain sensing wipers!  Lights and sensors may be factory issue decisions but there must be a perceived or real market for these features.  Locating my shift in the dark or recognizing rain are behaviors I take for granted but maybe I shouldn't!  ;-)

2 hours ago, Crstfr said:

man... deep there Donstar~

Right?!

Rain sensing wipers should be standard on every vehicle. That is one option I really like on our other cars. 

26 minutes ago, '17 Sierra said:

Right?!

Rain sensing wipers should be standard on every vehicle. That is one option I really like on our other cars. 

To each their own. I'm not a fan. I prefer RainX and hardly ever use my wipers (unless it's a torrential downpour) 

34 minutes ago, Hogtiming said:

To each their own. I'm not a fan. I prefer RainX and hardly ever use my wipers (unless it's a torrential downpour) 

I thought I was the only one that did this. lol!

There can be a crazy storm and I'm still there with a mid-level intermittent setting at best. :lol:

1 hour ago, a_salazar08 said:

I thought I was the only one that did this. lol!

There can be a crazy storm and I'm still there with a mid-level intermittent setting at best. :lol:

Agreed. Same here. I find the wipers going back and forth extremely annoying. I get even more annoyed riding with someone and they have crappy wipers they keep running. I actually bought a set of wiper blades for a coworker that I rode with often because his were driving me insane,?

So the light question has been answered and the discussion was inadvertently changed to rain sensing wipers.   I would find this option as handy as the automatic headlight feature. Nice,  but very low on my priority list.  I would value  carpeted floors in a Suburban more than auto-on wipers.  Of course I remember when intermittent wipers were a frivolous option!...

don't know about the +/- button being back-lit would be something that'd make a difference for me. 

The rain sensing wipers however would be nice.  My wife's car has that & its very convenient.  Better than intermittent wipers as the only wipe when needed instead of at preset intervals.  We can adjust sensitivity as well so it doesn't go on for nearly no reason. 

3 hours ago, Hogtiming said:

I ceramic coated my windshield so I use mine a lot less than never. lol

Archived