Nitro tire comparison

I am trying to decide between the Nitto Trail Grappler and the Ridge Grappler. I’m looking at getting a 285/55/22. They both measure out to be a 34.6 inch tire. With them both measuring the same, is the trail grappler prone to be a bigger tire? Would the trail grappler be closer to rubbing because of this than the ridge grappler that measures out the same size?

I am trying to decide between the Nitto Trail Grappler and the Ridge Grappler. I’m looking at getting a 285/55/22. They both measure out to be a 34.6 inch tire. With them both measuring the same, is the trail grappler prone to be a bigger tire? Would the trail grappler be closer to rubbing because of this than the ridge grappler that measures out the same size?

If you do more road than off-road driving I’d go with the Ridge Grappler, it’s an excellent tire

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

The Trail Grappler will definitely be more prone to rubbing as it has the largest corner lugs.  I have used Terra, Ridge, and Trail Grapplers.  Ridge are my favorite so far.  They have less noise like the Terra, but more off road traction like the Trail.

Anyone with the ridge grapplers...how are they handling mileage? What is the expected tread life on them? 

Also, with the 3.5 inch lift, should I go 285/55/22 or 35/12.5/22?

285 and mine are wearing great. I’d say 50k give or take

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

I’m starting to think I will be happier with the ridge grapplers. I like the look of the trails, but the ridge grapplers are a good looking tire as well 

I’ve had both, i like the RGs better

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

12 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

I’ve had both, i like the RGs better

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

Are you happy with the way the ridge grapplers look? I just want them to have that aggressive tire look. 

Are you happy with the way the ridge grapplers look? I just want them to have that aggressive tire look. 

Yes, very much so. I think they’re a great lookin tire

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

The Trail Grapplers are definitely the more aggressive looking tire.  If I were only looking for appearance they would be my choice.  But they are noisy on the road.  Less when they are new, but after 10k or so they get noisy.  The Ridge Grapplers are much quieter so far.

11 hours ago, elleshoe said:

Has anyone ran the 285/55/22 trail grappler with a anything below a 4 inch lift??

I have 295/60/20 on my truck with a 2" level.  It is .4" shorter, and .4" wider.  Mine does not rub on the liner at all but comes very close.  It does rub on the sway bar at full lock, but no big deal really.  I suspect you will be fine, but may have to use some zipties to move the liner a little.

22 hours ago, elleshoe said:

Has anyone ran the 285/55/22 trail grappler with a anything below a 4 inch lift??

DenaliLegend runs a 285/55/22 ridge grappler with a suspension maxx 2.5" level kit.  I run 285/50/22 with the same kit and RG's.  I have a little rub on the control arms at full lock.  I've never had TG's but I do like my RG's.  The have a slight hum at 75 mph, but nothing like a mud tire.

Archived