BB tune Event Experience?

looking to see if anyone on here has been to a black bear tuning event in person vs just through email and data log. I noticed one event is a couple hours away from me and was wondering if it is really worth going that route vs over the phone. 

Prob so, I've had questions after my in person tune years back and it took them forever to respond.  I couldn't imagine trying to do the tune through email and phone communication. 

1 hour ago, Rkaroll953 said:

thanks, Everyone on here makes it seem so easy but i was still skeptical on the email thing. i would image they use a dyno there. I will have to reach out to them.

We don't use a dyno at our events, it is a street tune. Feel free to contact us, we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

I had justin do an in-person tune on an old truck.  i drove him around for a few miles while he changed some things and pushed them to my truck.    

it's very easy to do.  

15 hours ago, berteras said:

Prob so, I've had questions after my in person tune years back and it took them forever to respond.  I couldn't imagine trying to do the tune through email and phone communication. 

Sorry to hear about that. Looks like we tuned your vehicle back in 2011. Justin was the only employee back then with occasional part-time help organizing tune meets. We are now a staff of three and do our best to respond as quickly as possible. Technical questions can sometimes take a little longer as only Justin (the tuner) can answer them.

6 hours ago, Jarrad@BBP said:

Sorry to hear about that. Looks like we tuned your vehicle back in 2011. Justin was the only employee back then with occasional part-time help organizing tune meets. We are now a staff of three and do our best to respond as quickly as possible. Technical questions can sometimes take a little longer as only Justin (the tuner) can answer them.

I understand, just giving my opinion that the in person tune would be better.  I did have the tune done back in 2011 but the issues I was having were in 2015.  

14 hours ago, berteras said:

I understand, just giving my opinion that the in person tune would be better.  I did have the tune done back in 2011 but the issues I was having were in 2015.  

Understandable. Hopefully, we were able to address your issues. If not, please do send us an email and we will be more than happy to help out.

I just finished my email/ data log tune and the BB boys were extremely easy to deal with and quick turn around. He had my initial tune to me within 4 days of sending him the log.

Recommend them hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a BB tune on my truck but I only have 7,000 miles on it. Not sure I want to void the warranty yet. I  contemplate doing a tune several times a week. 

I’m in the same boat as you are. I even bought the extended warranty...but seeing as I keep thinking about it and reading all the info in these forums, I’m going to take the plunge sooner than later... I told the wife what I wanted for father’s day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/23/2018 at 7:28 PM, USCGRetiredJosh said:

I want a BB tune on my truck but I only have 7,000 miles on it. Not sure I want to void the warranty yet. I  contemplate doing a tune several times a week. 

yes same here. the trans is so irritating! 

Archived