2001 GMC parking brake stuck on

I have a 2001 GMC Sierra 2500 and the parking brake is stuck on, I have looked though Youtube but haven't found a lot of help on my palatial model and it is only stuck on, only on the drivers side. The only way to take the parking brake off is to remove the hub and that is something I want to avoid if possible, but will if I have to. 

Is the cable free?  I've had the cable get jammed in the sheath, so you could put the PB on, but it wouldn't release without climbing under the truck and forcing it back.

You can try disconnecting the cable and seeing if it goes back and forth in the sheath easily.

But if it does slide easily, you'll have to take the hub off to work in the parking brakes themselves.  If you are lucky, you might be able to use the lever on the back to release the brakes so you can get the hub off.  Or work the adjuster wheel to loosen the brakes a bit (and again, you are lucky it's the driver's side, doing this on the passenger side sucks twice as bad...).  And if neither of these release the brakes, then I'm not sure what you do to get it apart short of damaging something (like cutting the hub or the backing plate for example).

• 1 month later...

Your e-brake cable pulls back on a lever that applies the brake shoes. Its near the inner side of the rim . Move that lever toward the front of the vehicle to release brake. Also, try putting the vehicle in 4L and move forward and backwards. Don't floor it, or you could break something. Just give it a nudge forward and backwards. The brake pad might "pop" loose from the drum.