I've been working on my 14 Silverado the past couple weekends. I've replaced the ac condenser, the radiator, ac compressor and belt (belt was a btch!). I took the serpentine belt off to put the ac compressor belt on today and now I've got 3 or 4 inches of slack in the serp belt. I had to use a pry bar to move the belt tensioner to get the serp belt off, so I don't know if the tensioner is bad. It doesn't squeak or anything. I can't find the belt diagram for these newer models. I've found a spec for the serp belt for 72" length and I measured for the correct length. Any help is appreciated! I've gotta get this truck back on the road!

I've been working on my 14 Silverado the past couple weekends. I've replaced the ac condenser, the radiator, ac compressor and belt (belt was a btch!). I took the serpentine belt off to put the ac compressor belt on today and now I've got 3 or 4 inches of slack in the serp belt. I had to use a pry bar to move the belt tensioner to get the serp belt off, so I don't know if the tensioner is bad. It doesn't squeak or anything. I can't find the belt diagram for these newer models. I've found a spec for the serp belt for 72" length and I measured for the correct length. Any help is appreciated! I've gotta get this truck back on the road!

6991b9344b691a97962ed6fbe13346bd.jpg

google is your friend...

The tensioners have high tension compared to the previous models. I normally take a picture of the belt before removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived