Sound off! Gas Cap!

Boardmember

For some reason the stations in my area all took the lock off the same time. No problem when I had a gas cap.

One afternoon I went tout to the shop and cut a couple pieces of wood to hold the pump handle on, took about 10 minutes. Sanded down the edges and I was in business.

About thirty years or so ago an enterprising fellow in my father's company invented the "gas caddy", a sprocket shaped device with a magnet inside that kept the pump flowing hands free and the magnet attached to the backside of the license plates and tubes back then.  I bought a few prototypes from him and they eventually fell off the cars after a few years.  A block of wood and sometimes even my wallet suffice to keep the pump going.  I like slow fills with as little foaming as possible to maximize my purchase; and during the coolest parts of the day too if at all possible.

Dude I didn't even know they outlaw the ratchet thing in some states. I love that feature, I kick the pump on and go check my oil. Makes a nice loud CHUNG when it reaches full.

Then I stand there like a goofball clicking the pump to pack the tank absolutely full. That pressure cutoff is sensitive. 

Dude I didn't even know they outlaw the ratchet thing in some states. I love that feature, I kick the pump on and go check my oil. Makes a nice loud CHUNG when it reaches full.

Then I stand there like a goofball clicking the pump to pack the tank absolutely full. That pressure cutoff is sensitive. 

Some municipalities in MA don’t even allow self serve gas. Full serve only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some municipalities in MA don’t even allow self serve gas. Full serve only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oregon and New Jersey are the same, so I avoid those states...

I pulled into a station in Oregon for diesel back in 2008, the "attendant" was not much more than 16YO...told me I couldn't pump my own fuel...at that point in time, I had been pumping my own gas for over 30 years. I spun the cap back on and headed for Washington state...I didn't need fuel, it was just convenient. I wasn't letting some kid pump my fuel...

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

Archived