2017 LT1 Colorado Radio and electrical question

Love my used 2017 I got last month, with only 5500 miles. It still had the new car smell.

Audio Question

I am disappointed in the quality of the sound system however. It is the nicer touch screen however I suspect the speakers are cheap or the engineering of the sound is subpar. I want to make some improvements and would like to know what suggestions you have. The front speakers sound like my dad's old Buick. The back speakers you cannot hear up front well. What kind of speakers can I get, are they easy to install? I believe I have the 4.2 touch.

Electrical

I installed a truck step bar and want to put a LED light bar on it so that when I press my FOB the light comes on. Where can I connect it? I saw one post suggesting the trailer hitch, another the interior lights.

image1.jpeg

8 inch touch.

Have you tried seeing if the sound balance and fade are all set to the center? 

The way these newer systems are, the front most speakers (the ones up in the dashboard by the windshield) are the strongest sounding.  The doors just add fill sound.  The sound is designed to amplify from the front speakers throughout the interior. 

Does yours have the Bose system? 

8 hours ago, ruttrowg said:

How would I know if it is Bose? I have not see any wording to suggest it.

Above the radio display, top of the dash.  There would be a speaker there and the word "BOSE" on it. 

https://goo.gl/images/6URyYU  This is a picture of what it looks like if its got the Bose. 

As for your step light, you can tie into the reverse lamp circuit possibly?  That way it comes on with the vehicle locator lights (the headlights and reverse lights that come on when you unlock the door).  I wonder if the dome light circuit would work too...

Archived