Issues with Rodents in Truck

Anyone have any rodent issues? I have a 2017 2500, two weeks ago started hearing an annoying rattling noise coming from the glove box. Come to find out something, assuming Mice have gotten into my glove box and started leaving A-Corns on top of my in cabin air filter. To makes matters worse some of them fell into my blower motor while the heat was running and seized my motor. Of course Chevy wont cover it under warranty so $500 later i have to pay for a new blower motor. I heard moth balls or peppermint spray work, or dryer sheets. Tried all 3. This morning heard the same dam noise, took apart the glove box and more fing Acorns on the filer. Anyone have any similar experiences, any tips on keep these little bastards out of my truck would be greatly appreciated. 

Sounds like squirrels with the acorns, I assume you're having to park your truck outside at night.  This may sound nuts (sorry about the pun) but you might see if you can find a "scarecrow" owl or cat and attach some sort of a magnetic base that has a felt pad to protect the paint and place it near the passenger side cowl area right behind the hood. Check on-line, I know you can at least find scarecrow owls, I found them easy enough when trying to find something to keep the squirrels out of my wife's flowerbeds a couple of years ago. Like I mentioned you may have to rig up some sort of magnetic base for easy removal and replace.

• Like 1

Mice don't like bleach. You can pour a bleach mixture on the ground around your tires although rain will wash it away. But I live on a farm and acorns are usualy stored by squirrels not mice. My only fix for them (58 in the last two years) is a good pellet gun. Having a cat also helps with mice ?

I put mouse traps in the cars when that happens to me. Usually on the floor. So far it’s always worked. The person that mentioned pest control in your parking area is also correct. 

• 2 months later...

The mice are coming in from under the windshield cowl. Take your windshield wipers arms off and remove the plastic cowl under the wipers. There are a few plastic clips and disconnect washer hose and radio antenna. Once that is removed on the passenger side there will be a plastic access panel that is siliconed on. Remove that also. There is no protection to keep rodents out of cabin air filter. Once you are in there u will see what I am talking about. I had a nest in my filter twice. Today I made a screen out of galvanized metal today and used aluminum hvac tape to secure it. I should keep them out now. I know it sucks to have to do this to a new truck but it is poorly designed with no protection. Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My brother in law lives out in the country and had that problem. He fixed it by feeding the stray cats. He sprinkled dry cat food around his truck. It probably attracted mice too, they were already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, KARNUT said:

My brother in law lives out in the country and had that problem. He fixed it by feeding the stray cats. He sprinkled dry cat food around his truck. It probably attracted mice too, they were already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, then I'd have to get Dogs to get rid of the Cats so on and so forth 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I get a lot of calls with issues like this, and they have turned into 15k worth of damagaes to their main wiring harnesses. All the home remidies unfortunately will not work. You need to park In A garage if at all possible when the rodent pressure is high. If you can’t park inside, the best defense is poison stations next to your tires and around any outbuildings. Yes this will be a pain to move them every time you take off and park, but better than mouse damage.